Paul Green quits as Queensland coach

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He only started coaching in 2014. He had Thurston for 5 seasons and made 2 GF. The 2nd GF without Thurston for any finals games or the last 2 months of the comp.
True, I meant the Cowboys so Neil Henry as well is part of that but Thurston was there from 2005. During that time they also had a stack of Qld SOO players like Jason T, Brent Tate, Cohen Hess, Michael Morgan, Jake Granville, Justin Oniel, Ben Hannat, and Thurstons little mate Matty Bowen.

We made GFs in 12 and 14 without a Thurston, I just don’t rate Green.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
True, I meant the Cowboys so Neil Henry as well is part of that but Thurston was there from 2005. During that time they also had a stack of Qld SOO players like Jason T, Brent Tate, Cohen Hess, Michael Morgan, Jake Granville, Justin Oniel, Ben Hannat, and Thurstons little mate Matty Bowen.

We made GFs in 12 and 14 without a Thurston, I just don’t rate Green.
What has what happened before 2014 got to do with Paul Green though? Literally nothing. He's won a title and made another GF in his first 4 years as a coach. You can't be a shit coach and achieve that. He just needs to update his attack a bit.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What has what happened before 2014 got to do with Paul Green though? Literally nothing. He's won a title and made another GF in his first 4 years as a coach. You can't be a shit coach and achieve that. He just needs to update his attack a bit.
Ricky Stuart won a comp at the Roosters, Madge won a comp at the Rabbits, Flanagan won a comp at the Sharks. The Tigers are no where and Madge is hanging by a thread, Stuart was hopless at Parra and is lucky he is a God in Camberra and the Chairman loves him and the other bloke got kicked out under scandal including a peptide issue.

I just don’t think winniing 1 comp with a bucket load of SOO players and a future immortal in Thurston proves he is a top coach. Game 3 SOO, thank fuck it too was in Queensland and Munster and co woke up. Otherwise it would have been the biggest embarrassment in Queensland history..

Cool if you rate or like him mate. I just don’t and would even prefer keeping Barrett instead of him, and as you might have guessed by now I am not a fan of Barrett.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ricky Stuart won a comp at the Roosters, Madge won a comp at the Rabbits, Flanagan won a comp at the Sharks. The Tigers are no where and Madge is hanging by a thread, Stuart was hopless at Parra and is lucky he is a God in Camberra and the Chairman loves him and the other bloke got kicked out under scandal including a peptide issue.

I just don’t think winniing 1 comp with a bucket load of SOO players and a future immortal in Thurston proves he is a top coach. Game 3 SOO, thank fuck it too was in Queensland and Munster and co woke up. Otherwise it would have been the biggest embarrassment in Queensland history..

Cool if you rate or like him mate. I just don’t and would even prefer keeping Barrett instead of him, and as you might have guessed by now I am not a fan of Barrett.
Flanagan is a great coach, Stuart a good coach. No idea why you mentioned them.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Flanagan is a great coach, Stuart a good coach. No idea why you mentioned them.
Because you said Green is a good coach based on that they made two GF and won one. I was just pointing out those 3 coaches have all also one a comp currently are not travelling so great..

I do begrudgingly agree that Flange senior appears to be a good coach but there are question marks over him and Cronulla success due to peptides. He also didn’t set the world on fire helping Mary out at the Dragons.

Anyway all good, he is a first grade coach and I am a forum dribbler, but that’s just my opinion.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Because you said Green is a good coach based on that they made two GF and won one. I was just pointing out those 3 coaches have all also one a comp currently are not travelling so great..

I do begrudgingly agree that Flange senior appears to be a good coach but there are question marks over him and Cronulla success due to peptides. He also didn’t set the world on fire helping Mary out at the Dragons.

Anyway all good, he is a first grade coach and I am a forum dribbler, but that’s just my opinion.
Where did I say that he was a good coach? I said he wasn't a shit coach. We're all dribblers here lol. My opinion is not more important than your opinion.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
If Green is such a terrible coach because he only won 1 premiership in 5 years with 1 immortal in the team then, based on that measurement criteria, Bellamy must be a pretty shit coach. FMD in 19 years he has only won a miserable 4 premierships with a near State of Origin team most years, containing multiple candidates for immortal status. Some people sure as hell have strange measurement criteria.

Always a Bulldog