Paul Gallen

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I love they way Paul Gallen is considering to play Origin next year and Cronulla are happy for him to do so.

Well, who said he's an automatic selection to get picked ?
This is like Daley picking his side well in advance of next year before any form of 2016 has been demonstrated
by any player.

I think Gallen has been responsible for displaying a poor role model for many young aspiring footballers.

With others, it appears dirty play, discolouring hotel carpets, not using glasses for drinking, a general disrespect for the fairer sex, inappropriate use of one's parts south of the border and a distain for junior football authority has led me to believe that clubs and the NRL have shirked their responsibility in their quest for success and the accumulation of wealth.

The worse a player acts, the more likely he will be excused if he is a good performer.

This Integrity Unit should grow a leg as part of the governing body of our league and act to it's charter.
If it is doing this already it's charter should be changed.

It is a conflict of interest for clubs to demonstrate an appropriate punishment for it's own players indiscretions.
Blind bloody Freddy knows that.

My disillusionment for our game is growing and I believe it's time for changes at both top and bottom.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gallen knows he will never win a GF with the sharks so cant blame him for focusing on origin instead.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gallen knows he will never win a GF with the sharks so cant blame him for focusing on origin instead.
Mate, unfortunately he has only won one of those series since he started playing them in 2006 and I don't think the likelihood of him winning another will happen before he retires, unless of course that is in ten years time.

As for the Sharks trophy cabinet, that SOO win will be the story he tells his grandkids , because he didn't play in the only Cronulla first grade side to win a trophy in 1979 in the pre season competition the Amco Cup)

I have never been a fan of Paul Gallen and like a lot of others, I find his arrogance and style of play very off putting. He has had some highlights in his controversial career to be sure but some low lights as well.

I know Wikipedia can be riddled with inaccuracies but the entry for Paul Gallen gives us a bit of an insight into him as a footy player and a person.Click on the link and see what I mean.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Gallen

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate, unfortunately he has only won one of those series since he started playing them in 2006 and I don't think the likelihood of him winning another will happen before he retires, unless of course that is in ten years time.

As for the Sharks trophy cabinet, that SOO win will be the story he tells his grandkids , because he didn't play in the only Cronulla first grade side to win a trophy in 1979 in the pre season competition the Amco Cup)

I have never been a fan of Paul Gallen and like a lot of others, I find his arrogance and style of play very off putting. He has had some highlights in his controversial career to be sure but some low lights as well.

I know Wikipedia can be riddled with inaccuracies but the entry for Paul Gallen gives us a bit of an insight into him as a footy player and a person.Click on the link and see what I mean.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Gallen
He loves origin because its the only time he gets attention and I dont think he cares that much about losing its just I think he feels he is a big fish in a small pond.

I know Gallen is a knob, he hit on my sister like 10 years ago before he was a star and was quoted as saying "you know you want me". My sis always has a laugh when she see's him on TV.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I reckon when Gallen retires NSW will win back to back.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He loves origin because its the only time he gets attention and I dont think he cares that much about losing its just I think he feels he is a big fish in a small pond.

I know Gallen is a knob, he hit on my sister like 10 years ago before he was a star and was quoted as saying "you know you want me". My sis always has a laugh when she see's him on TV.
Boy, he can't even come up with an original pick up line either.Lol.I would have said he was suffering from little man syndrome.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lol arrogant fukwit to boot
I have had the pleasure of kicking him out of a club I used to work it. He actually said "don't you know who I am?"

I just laughed in his face and replied "yeah, a nobody". Then he threatened to get me sacked. Dumb ****.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You should've replied "You're the guy who will never win an NRL trophy".

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have had the pleasure of kicking him out of a club I used to work it. He actually said "don't you know who I am?"

I just laughed in his face and replied "yeah, a nobody". Then he threatened to get me sacked. Dumb ****.
That annoys me when guys like him think they are better than everyone else. Just because they play footy does not mean they don't have to conform to normal human niceties. Certain Newcastle superstar also had the same mindset and there were lots of little stories about him that never made the papers.

Kids look up to these guys, put them on a pedestal and they act like clowns.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gallen won't be picked for next years Origin.

It's just wishful thinking on his part that he will.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
His team is going better than ours with a worse roster so yeah...

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gallen won't be picked for next years Origin.

It's just wishful thinking on his part that he will.
Your talking about nsw and daley here. Him and pearce will be picked again

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That annoys me when guys like him think they are better than everyone else. Just because they play footy does not mean they don't have to conform to normal human niceties. Certain Newcastle superstar also had the same mindset and there were lots of little stories about him that never made the papers.

Had same problem with Bulldog players over the years too. Most players, not all though, in the NRL act like that when out drinking.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Had same problem with Bulldog players over the years too. Most players, not all though, in the NRL act like that when out drinking.
Not denying that mate, we had some real party boys with our club that were moved on. The NRL is very reactive when it comes to player indiscretions when they should be proactive.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not denying that mate, we had some real party boys with our club that were moved on. The NRL is very reactive when it comes to player indiscretions when they should be proactive.
Whats great is the NRL will reward a team full of party boys and criminals/scum other a team full of clean skins these days...

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Its sometimes hard to keep an ego in check when you get swarmed by groupies. I remember they interviewed that old sharks player jason stevens and he said he was some fat kid during school and when he became a pro he couldn't believe the attention he got and how many girls were coming up to him and how at school no girls wanted him.

Status
Not open for further replies.