Patty Templeman possible half back solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys maybe a season or two away from being ready but I reckon this kid could be a good halfback. His passing and running game is top class as is his kicking game. In fact his kicking game could be up their with the best of them at the club at the moment .In light of the dearth of quality halves out there I reckon we cold manufacture one here especially under Des.

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He played awesome yesterday won the game for us he has a great passing game and does all the kicking for the team including goal kicking

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes good player but a couple more years under his belt should see him in the NRL.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah Templemen is a very good player, but he's behind Mbye for playing in the halves, and I reckon Gerard McCallum has him covered in NSW Cup.

BIG difference between the 3 grades so a hard call really.

Mallyboy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Guys maybe a season or two away from being ready but I reckon this kid could be a good halfback. His passing and running game is top class as is his kicking game. In fact his kicking game could be up their with the best of them at the club at the moment .In light of the dearth of quality halves out there I reckon we cold manufacture one here especially under Des.
Isn't he a fullback? Played good in 20's and that try was one of the best plays I have ever seen.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah he is a fullback. But based on how he dominates a game and gets into first reciever a lot I reckon he could make the transition especially based on half back being a weak area for us and full back being a strength of ours. Plus I really like his composure as well.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Isn't he a fullback? Played good in 20's and that try was one of the best plays I have ever seen.
Yeah that try was a ripper. One for the Patty Templeman highlights reel for sure. Though he's behind 2 very good fullbacks in higher grades. Not sure he can make the transition to a halves players though.

HippDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hey guys I've been watching him since last year now and I really think the guy has got some talent but his not a halfback..... Five eight at best but fullback is his position and unfortunately his a guy that we will see snapped up by probably the bloody poaching roosters cos our playing roster can't accomidate him.....his got a lot of comparisons to josh Dugan except not a sook and no tattoos but other than that his a raw talent which will be in first grade one day and that intercept try he scored against souths just a tip of the iceberg of wat this guy has to offer

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He played a lot of halfback in his juniors, based on skills set I think he could be a good option. Time will tell I guess but I think we're all in agreement that he is a special talent. Lets hope we hold on to him long term

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Took a pretty spectacular intercept to win the game (playing at fullback).

Klem Bupa-Berg

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As much as I like what I see, it is a big step-up. Some of our u20's players from last year are struggling in our NSW cup this year. Not all can make it. Hopefully he continues improving, too early to judge if he can make the step-up.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another standout performance from this kid I really like what I see in him

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Merely stating that he played another standout game and that he continues to impress. No where did I say he needs to be rushed in to first grade. In fact I state in my opening thread he may be a few seasons away

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's looking very good and has a sweet boot on him kicking 7/7 including at least 3 out wide.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree, very impressive on Friday night. Should probably get promoted to NSW cup to see how he handles playing against men.

Status
Not open for further replies.