Patrick Templeman

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Broncos normally wait for us to develop them into a star before pinching them ,fuking grub

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
How did he tackle? He is a threat with the ball but goes missing when the heat is on. Lets not start pissing bubbles over the kid just yet.

N

Natboy

If I had to pick one player on the field that impressed me, it was Patty.
He showed composure & went for repeat sets which is a lot rarer in NYC when they try and score off every play. He's a future star & I don't buy into him being too skinny to excel in first grade
Des NEEDS to find a place for him in the team & I don't care if it's at Hodkinson's expense

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To the people saying to put him in fullback, it achieves very little. His future is definitely in the halves, if you play him at fullback now you're in virtually exactly the same position in two years time, looking for a fullback but with no potential candidates. As Far as I'm concerned, if he's ready, give him a bench spot and let him play in the halves and give someone who's future is at fullback the chance to cement a spot.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
When I see Templeman returning the ball, I remember a former great player named Gary Dowling. This guy is so much like Dowling and is definately very promising. I still believe he is a fullback as he needs space to move.
Have heard that Garry Dowling was a chick puller

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
another Qlder, bulldogs the feeder club for broncos.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If I had to pick one player on the field that impressed me, it was Patty.
He showed composure & went for repeat sets which is a lot rarer in NYC when they try and score off every play. He's a future star & I don't buy into him being too skinny to excel in first grade
Des NEEDS to find a place for him in the team & I don't care if it's at Hodkinson's expense
Totally agree big fella, Tempo's a must have and Des will work it out.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Templeman must be given a go at fullback. Hes a tall guy who plays best when he has space to operate. He is a good footballer and would play very well in the halves, but he is certainly better placed at fullback. Dont listen to the rubbish about him being to small.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Big chance to impress in the 9s along with Phillips.

Looks like the 9s might be used to answer the fullback question once and for all.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay, so there I was watching the Dogs vs Souths second half and all I can say is that I am really impressed.

This kid has a good passing and kicking game (Massive boot).

Inside ball to the fullback, kick in goal for repeat sets of six and quick movement on the left side of the park.

Forget about his weight, he reminds me of a young Darren Lockeyar and has the goods.

Did anyone else see him play yesterday?
The "massive boo" thing is something we haven't had for years. We rarely come off on top in the penalty count so it would be a real morale booster to make big metres when we go for the line.

The "inside ball to the fullback, kick in goal for repeat sets of six and quick movement on the left side of the park" are features of our game that don't happen. I wouldn't worry about his defence, if he is the real deal in attack I would like to see him at half back.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
QLDER will last 3 years and then he'll get homesick and go home. Great prospect though
Maybe this guy is the one who breaks the cycle.

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To the people on here wanting Temps to come off the bench as a utility player. To be a utility you need to be able to cover multiple positions including forward positions. He will only cover backs positions, and how often do you interchange your backline. It's a wasted bench spot and will leave our forward power deficient. The utility position is more suited to someone like Maitua. As I said before put Temps at fullback or at worst give him one of the wings and slowly give him a license to explore in attack off the advice of Hasler. At least if he's on the field Des can try him at times in other positions even halves with minimal changes to the team, maybe shuffle backline across for a couple of plays or Hodgko to lock for a small period or rest Ennis for 20min and shuffle Reynolds there to give Temps some time at 5/8. We need a spark to back up Reynolds just as Barba was if we want to seriously threaten this year, otherwise may only be top 4 worthy. Go the Doggies, can't wait.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How's this guy been going guys? I don't really follow lower grades that closely

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the step up in speed, quality of defence and attack has brought him back down to earth. the step up to FG would be an even bigger step. The boy is not ready for FG

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
His lack of strength and conditioning is showing. He has plenty of spark in attack but he gets overwhelmed by the bigger players. His development has been hampered by injury too. He could be great but he's a long way off in both strength and confidence.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This guy is a gifted player. But he needs more time to become battle hardened. However that wont happen in reggies as they dont tackle. I would like to see him have a stint in the top grade against a weaker team. He will shine playing with the big boys.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Give him time hell be a gun ,he has class just needs to develop physically

Status
Not open for further replies.