Patience

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep, make no mistake our roster is far from a premiership window. We need to back the coach now and get our core group of players set in stone - Jackson, Klemmer, Montoya and make players like RFM greater next year. Give Mbye and Lichaa control of the team and recruit to fill in the gaps for 2019. We haven't had a rebuild year since 2012.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We now have to give the new coach time!

1. to get us out of haslers salary cap mess

2. to build his own squad

Could take time, but I'm more than willing if it means getting our bulldog culture back
Yeah
I said it throughout the year
Soon as Des goes
I predict 3-5 years to rebuild

But we can at least hope we are more entertaining with the next coach

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
There is at-least something to look forward to now, not just soul destroying desball for another few years.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

Could take time, but I'm more than willing if it means getting our bulldog culture back
Patience

ˈpeɪʃ(ə)ns/

noun

1.the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious. "you can find bargains if you have the patience to sift through the rubbish"

2. British - any of various forms of card game for one player, the object of which is to use up all one's cards by forming particular arrangements and sequences.

3. Waiting for Des Hasler to leave

Considering the above, being patient while a new coach beds in, will be a walk in the park.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think they proved in the last 3 games that we have the basis of a really good team already (just needed better tactics and a gameplan). A little tweeking and one or two quality players and we will be contenders again.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think they proved in the last 3 games that we have the basis of a really good team already (just needed better tactics and a gameplan). A little tweeking and one or two quality players and we will be contenders again.
I totally agree. Add a fit and firing foran and woods playing alongside his best mate and we are off to a good start. Throw in some improvement after a solid offseason by the likes of RFM, elliot, tualau, to'omaga, fualau, brenko and montoya and im expecting a massive form reversal next year.
Imagine how you would feel after the shackles of des have been removed?!! Fuck me, you could have the dogs play with no coach next year and they would be better. So i really expect all of them to have a massive spring in their step next year!!

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah
I said it throughout the year
Soon as Des goes
I predict 3-5 years to rebuild

But we can at least hope we are more entertaining with the next coach
3-5 years?? we'll be rid of a lot of cap space by the end of next year, we only have a handful of players we need to move on. Teams can go from the spoon to contenders on the back of a couple of good signings i don't think it'll take that long

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
3-5 years?? we'll be rid of a lot of cap space by the end of next year, we only have a handful of players we need to move on. Teams can go from the spoon to contenders on the back of a couple of good signings i don't think it'll take that long
I agree we have a good balance of experience and youth, our defense hasnt been terrible it's just putting points on and controlling field postition and goal kicking needs a lot of work

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And a kicking game. Hopefully Foran stays fit & can also tutor others in the club on kicking in general. It was woeful this season.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Um no thanks.

When Hasler took over our absolute turd nugget team in 2012 I wasnt going to wait and be patient so I won't be waiting now either. Top 8 first year or fuck off.

We are the fucking BULLDOGS, not the fucking shit house tigers or Newcastle or Panthers with their shit house as fuck 5 year plans. Top 8 atleast or fuck off. No excuses.

Just the fact that the new coach will have three NSW forwards in his starting pack should be good enough to work off that. Again no excuses.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we should be patient, by getting a care taker coach until the end of next year and then making Bellamy an offer he can't refuse!

yearofthedogs2018

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bs. This squad should be top 8. No concessions for the new coach either.
i really want to agree with you, I want us to be top 8 and I hope we are next year. End of this season showed us we may come good but if we lose Lichaa this will be our spine:
1. Hoppa
6. Foran
7. Mbye
9. Brown

Hoppa is great but he's a centre and I would rather a fullback with more spark. 2019 he has to move to centre when we buy a young fast fullback. Mbye would be a good running five-eighth but needs a controlling halfback so Foran needs to step up and idk if he can judging from this year's performances. If we keep Lichaa and have Brown on the bench, we should be good in the hooker department but while I like Brown, he hasn't been tested for the full 80 minutes at hooker.
My 2018 Hopeful side:
1. Hoppa
2. Bmoz
3. Jmoz
4. Lee
5. Montoya
6. Mbye
7. Foran
8. Woods
9. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
11. RFM
12. Martin (GK)
13. Jackson (c)
14. Fualalo
15. Tualau
16. Elliott
17. Brown
Extended:
18. Tolman
19. Ogden/Saunders
20. To'omaga
21. Frawley/Smith/Holland/Abbey/Cleeland

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

That's loser talk.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
"HAD" a quality team.
Unless we get a dummy half that runs and moves the team forward as Lichaa showed in the last few games we're not going to go very far even though we rid ourselves of James and signed Aaron who runs full speed, but then backs into tackles losing all momentum.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
i really want to agree with you, I want us to be top 8 and I hope we are next year. End of this season showed us we may come good but if we lose Lichaa this will be our spine:
1. Hoppa
6. Foran
7. Mbye
9. Brown

Hoppa is great but he's a centre and I would rather a fullback with more spark. 2019 he has to move to centre when we buy a young fast fullback. Mbye would be a good running five-eighth but needs a controlling halfback so Foran needs to step up and idk if he can judging from this year's performances. If we keep Lichaa and have Brown on the bench, we should be good in the hooker department but while I like Brown, he hasn't been tested for the full 80 minutes at hooker.
My 2018 Hopeful side:
1. Hoppa
2. Bmoz
3. Jmoz
4. Lee
5. Montoya
6. Mbye
7. Foran
8. Woods
9. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
11. RFM