Part Time Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey_mtp

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Looking for a part-time job. Any suggestions or know any place hiring?
Do you have an RSA/RCG?

If so, my workplace is looking for new people. Don't need experience, but it will come in handy.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd be lucky to even get an interview! lol
Would you believe I was refused an interview, the women called me and said "I'll give you a chance to change your resume and resend it.." (implying I was bullsh*tting in it).. I told her I actually left out certain things and experience because I was trying to shorten my CV for their convenience.

That phone call didn't end well..

Look up recruitment agencies around your area/city on google, usually you go in with your resume, and they'll look through positions they have available and fit you into a suitable job if they have one.

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have an RSA/RCG?

If so, my workplace is looking for new people. Don't need experience, but it will come in handy.
I got an RSA last month and am looking for a job ;) Where do you work at?

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
I don't wanna be forced to apply at maccas :(
(nothing against Maccas employees or Maccas in general)

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You guys just need to blatantly lie on your resume. Have a couple referees that are family/mates who will say they were working with you during whatever kind of job you are lying about. Worst case scenario they figure out you're lying and you don't get the job, like you would of if you applied with a bare resume. Or you get the job and cant pick it up fast enough and get fired, but still get a couple weeks pay out of it. Worked as a para legal where the requirements was being a third year law student. Data entry clerk where requirements was 12-24 months in a similar role. Poker tournament director which required 12 months and as a courier which required 12 months. If you've got family or something that runs a business, you can lie about any sort of role (within reason) that you were doing in that company. If they figure out your scam, the employers sound too anal to want to work with considering its just a dead end part time job to get you by.

I don't wanna be forced to apply at maccas :(
(nothing against Maccas employees or Maccas in general)
Not having a dig, but you probably wouldn't land a job at maccas nowdays. Apparently they aren't a guaranteed job anymore and alot of uni students etc are constantly applying to local stores.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Not having a dig, but you probably wouldn't land a job at maccas nowdays. Apparently they aren't a guaranteed job anymore and alot of uni students etc are constantly applying to local stores.
a lot of the Maccas workers I have come across in Sydney are Indian 'uni' students.

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need an RCG too homie and The Glenmore Hotel, The Rocks.
okay then. Forget about it then. Was never planning on working at a hotel or bar with my RSA, just liquor stores.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you don't have experience with employment use everyday experience. Are you involved in sports? If yes, you have teamwork skills. Have you ever organised a party or anything then you can prioritise and work towards a timeline. Just about anything you have done in life requires experience that you can throw into a resume. If you don't have experience then tell the employer that you are despereate to get your foot in their door because it's your dream job. Set your resume for each job too if you really want it.

You could always look at getting into part time volunteer work to get references too.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't think you need any kind of experience to work at Maccas, you don't even have to be competent, considering half of them can't get a big mac meal with a cheeseburger order right, wouldn't be hard to for someone who obviously has a head on their shoulders and is willing to work, to gain employment there.

But then again, they seem to prefer money over quality. They tend to hire anyone under 18, pay them sh*t all, and barely train them. So it gets a little bit harder to get a job because of that..

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
recruitment agencies are virtually useless imo...even with experience most places aren't interested in helping unless you're looking for senior management roles

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
recruitment agencies are virtually useless imo...even with experience most places aren't interested in helping unless you're looking for senior management roles
That's because, it's where they generate a sh*t load of commission from. The higher the role, the bigger the salary = more money for them.

A friend was once telling me, for every position she fills, her agency gets 10% of what ever the salary of that person is.. considering she works with massive companies looking for people to fill high end jobs, the figures they get are mind blowing for just putting an ad out there and interviewing a person, then sending them off to an employer.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
But then again, they seem to prefer money over quality. They tend to hire anyone under 18, pay them sh*t all, and barely train them. So it gets a little bit harder to get a job because of that..
I heard that they employ kids as young as 11 with parental consent - and this comes from pals of mine who have kids.

Temp/Labor Hire - forget it.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I heard that they employ kids as young as 11 with parental consent - and this comes from pals of mine who have kids.

Temp/Labor Hire - forget it.
I'm not surprised, Kmart seem to have 12-13 yr olds "working" now too.. I seem to have a better chance finding what I'm looking for while I walk around clueless than asking one of these kids.

I made the mistake of asking some kid for assistance once, he took me a bunch of isles down the wrong direction. Great work Kmart!

Stanna man

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm not surprised, Kmart seem to have 12-13 yr olds "working" now too.. I seem to have a better chance finding what I'm looking for while I walk around clueless than asking one of these kids.

I made the mistake of asking some kid for assistance once, he took me a bunch of isles down the wrong direction. Great work Kmart!
sounds like the same service i get at Bunnings!!!!!!

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They just announced on TV that there is a shortage of Santa Claus's in shopping centres ...

Status
Not open for further replies.