Parra:Contenders or Pretenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyongguy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just wondering with all the talk about the storm and the dogs whether parra are sneaking under everyone's radar. They seem to be in good form, have a new coach which seems to have made a huge difference for the players, and what more there seems to be no pressure on them unlike the previous years when they have gone into the finals as favourites which i think will make a differnce, may be this could be Parra's year. i certainly hope not after all the SH** i have given my best mate who is a parra fan.

Nate

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I definetly think they are contenders for this competition. Along with us and the Storm they are the other form team of the competition and can definetly take out the premiership IF they make the top eight.

If they drop a game between now and the finals can they still make the eight?

There run home is:

Sharks
Roosters
Broncos
Cowboys

So they can win all of those games with the way they are playing now.

Last edited by a moderator:

~MC~

untouchable
Reaction score
They can win all except round 24....

Christabella

Reaction score
LOL Material Girl, the Roosters couldn't even beat them when they were playing like sh*t!
The Eels tried so hard to choke in their Rd 12 match but just couldn't pull it off.

I don't think Parra can win it but I do think the only teams capable of stopping them are those ranked 1 and 2. The annoying part of the NRL draw is that the Dogs and Melbourne only get once chance against them as I would have loved to see them play one of us leading into the finals.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
contenders, like i have said there are only 3 teams contending,
parra can win all of their reamining games, with the way that they are playing at the moment...

slim_zaidy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
contenders, parra are playing top football these days. no other team should under estimate thier ability to pull of brilliant football...

DogFather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was at the game on friday nite, not taking anything away from Parra, they are inform, but the Dragons were horrible!!! In the first 20mins i thought thats it, Parras gonna get lapped, to my surprise they hung in there. The Dragons well thats another story..Self Distruct!!! What saved the day for Parra was their backs...they really stood up, Parra is travelling well and they seem to lift for those big games...I went their with my friend who is a Parra supporter, after the game he asked me "If i was scared" I laughed and said "mannnnnn wait till they play the dogs, parra will be like a crash test dummy hitting a brick wall"......lmao

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
Contenders.. except with that run... there isn't really a true test from the top 4 there, yes I believe the Broncos are headed towards 7th... and that might be making them seem better than they actually are... but I do think they are in fine form and if they keep it up, they will be the only side that can put a dint into the top 2's chances ATM... ;)

N00b

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Contenders, Could end up coming 4th but unlikely.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
pretenders...

like i said before... no tim smith... no semi finals footy for the parrascums

Bek

JC is my homeboy
Reaction score
i say there still contenders imo. they've been playing great football and im sure they will continue it

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
pretenders.. they havent exactly beat anyone that is in any form.. when they do i will look at re evaluating

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
They look sure to make the 8 and then from then anything can happen.

Remember, no Brian Smith to stuff them up at finals time.

QLDGirl

queensland rock
Reaction score
Hmm maybe they are contenders, they're playing well enough, but I still dont think they can win it.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
contenders, remember when some of yous said they would win the spoon, lmfao

Jeff

Waterboy
Reaction score
They're now a chance of finishing in the top 4 and don't seem to rely on any one player. I think the Dogs and Storm will still be too good.

steve_mortimer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best hope for Parra is to sneak into the TOP 4 and hope either Canterbury or Melbourne drops in week one of the finals..that way they would have a safer option..ie: Dogs would more than likely play Melbourne inthe prelim final.

You simply can't win comps on the backs of dropping morethan you win in the home run and Canterbury, Melbourne and Parra are the only 3 who seem serious about the games ahead.

Wolfpac

4 Life
Reaction score
defenatly could do some damage to us or the storm if we played in the semi's

they would have to be the ONLY other team apart from dogs and storm in form at the moment.

i dont think they will win the GF though, probably make it there.

Bek

JC is my homeboy
Reaction score
i hope the eels play storm in the semi's and beat them. it'd be a great match to watch between them. i think it would be very very close

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
I think they'll run out of steam. When it gets to finals time the intencity goes up a few notches and I don't think they've got any more notches to go up tbh. If they were playing anyone but the St Suicide Dragons, they would have been down 20 in the first 5 mins on Friday. Plus I think Hindmarsh needs a rest yet they can't afford to give him one.

I'm more worried about teams like Newcastle and Manly.

Never know. They may prove me wrong. Wouldn't mind another game like the 98 semi!

Status
Not open for further replies.