News Papali'i to West Tigers

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Hahahahahaahaha fuckin Parra shambles shit admin shit club not gonna win another comp ever hahahahaha

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TIGERS SNARE EELS STAR

The second domino has fallen in Parramatta’s fight to retain all of their off-contract stars with News Corp reporting boom back-rower Isaiah Papali’i has signed a three-year deal with the Wests Tigers, starting in 2023.

It comes after Marate Niukore the Warriors inked a deal with the Warriors last week.

Papali’i joined the Eels in 2021 on a cut-price deal looking to revive his NRL career and ended up being the buy of the season and the Dally M Second Rower of the Year.

His form caught the attention of several rivals and come November 1 the 23-year-old’s manager started to shop him around.

The Dolphins were interested in Papali’i’s services, but his manager revealed earlier this week that his client’s preference is to stay in Sydney.

According to News Corp the Tigers have landed Papali’i with deal worth just over $600,000-a-year, completely trumping the Eels’ reported offer of $425,000.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Payback for Eels taking Matterson a couple of years ago. With Eels salary cap hard to keep everyone, especially when Papali'i was on next to nothing.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Don't be sad, his career will go to shit now. Lol
A lot of what he did this year was individual. Just give him the ball and he's going to wreak havoc.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maguire is no Brad Arthur watch him turn to shit at the Tigers
I'd go as far as saying Arthur is no Maguire. Atleast Maguire with a star studded squad won a premiership, Arthur for the last few seasons has had a great squad and what's he achieved?
look at all the juniors that came through at Souths under Maguire. Arthur isn't in Maguires shadow but at the same time I think he has become a coaching dinosaur.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'd go as far as saying Arthur is no Maguire. Atleast Maguire with a star studded squad won a premiership, Arthur for the last few seasons has had a great squad and what's he achieved?
look at all the juniors that came through at Souths under Maguire. Arthur isn't in Maguires shadow but at the same time I think he has become a coaching dinosaur.
agree parra have the best junior base along side penrith. Who was he played ? His sons mates from rouse hill who he coached. Arthur, penisi, Louzou and the winger his name escapes me, all played in the team he coached.
Complete biased selections and it will kill him in the end

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
agree parra have the best junior base along side penrith. Who was he played ? His sons mates from rouse hill who he coached. Arthur, penisi, Louzou and the winger his name escapes me, all played in the team he coached.
Complete biased selections and it will kill him in the end
He's no different to when Kearney was Parras coach and he only ever selected the islander players LOL

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
$600k a season is absurd. Good player but I feel Tigers have fucked up again
agree. but their whole business model revolves around throwing too much money at players they dont need in positions that aren't in the spine.

Also; this bloke's now on more money than Addo Carr and Burton and didn't even make the starting side every game last year...? And wests wonder why they're a basket case