P-Platers with big silly ridiculous utes??

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve noticed a trend of P-Platers driving around recklessly with big utes like ranger, triton Hilux and even those Chinese branded el-cheap versions

p-platers drive recklessly at the best of times, it’s like they have a tunnel vision and make no allowance for error and just don’t foresee hazards ahead.

To make the situation worse most of them are driving big utes which they drive over medium strips, hit car park height limit beams, speed through roundabouts and have ridiculous lighting systems on them, blow off valves, silly loud exhausts and those silly air intake things that are two metres high, silly Or silly camping equipment attached all over them. Plus these vehicles have very poor handling, ride high and have big side wall tyres, they are sliding all over the place, not due to power but their very poor boat like handling.

Do these p-players actually use these ridiculous vehicles for work purposes or are they thinking it’s some sort of cool thing to do? They build a bush bash vehicle but only ever use for city streets?

is it all because they are banned from driving turbo performance cars (that are actually half quick) , so now instead they want the rugged cowboy off road look, sans the hat

is it just me or are you also getting boiled up?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I know right, I miss the old JDM days where they would drive around in an actual fast car than a ute. I don't mind the bigger trucks (but let's face it, the only half-decent big utes are the Hilux, Tundra, Ram or Ranger), but all those el-cheapo ones like SAIC, GWM (LMAO), and all the other second-hand shit just make them look like they're trying too hard.

The only worse category of ute drivers is those idiots who aren't even tradies and drive around the v8 SS or v8 XR8 (Holden vs Ford, the stuff you expect to see at Summernats) as those cars are super cars more than they are utes FFS. BUY A PROPER UTE.

Also, they're always loud and driven by damn westies with goaties.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The old JDM / fast and the furious days are gone..

p-platers of old could at least change the oil and slip a new set of disks in.

the p-players of today are about autobarn mods, what can you stick on or attach. They probably don’t know where the engine is

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Insurance for utes have gone up bacause of exactly this, they are in the most accidents.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
My missus sister use to tease the people that had mega utes as she was born and bred inner west hippy but as soon as she moved up to the central coast and her husband bought a tank sized big dick mobile for no real apparent practical reason she turned into a mega bogan fuck hat driving road owning idiot.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My missus sister use to tease the people that had mega utes as she was born and bred inner west hippy but as soon as she moved up to the central coast and her husband bought a tank sized big dick mobile for no real apparent practical reason she turned into a mega bogan fuck hat driving road owning idiot.
What sticker did they put on it lol

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

the p-players of today are about autobarn mods, what can you stick on or attach. They probably don’t know where the engine is
And more annoyingly refer to the engine as the motor!!!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I used to drive a Ute on my p's for a multiple of reasons
I wanted 2 seater so everyone didn't scab a lift off me.

I also wanted to learn to drive manual properly so a hilux is good for that.

I did use it often for work.

The only downside is if someone moves they ask if you can help?

And yes P platers are hopeless drivers and don't have Jedi instincts behind the wheel.

All my friends were the first to lose their license.
One of my friends dad and his friends all made a bet I would be the last to get my drivers licence out of all my friends and actually hold onto it.

They were right.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

P platers today cant afford nice old JDM cars, they're collectable now fetching high dollars.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
P platers today cant afford nice old JDM cars, they're collectable now fetching high dollars.
that’s only true because the old JDM owners know how to take care of them

the p-players of today demand apple car play and a wireless phone charger above a car with a high torque engine. They think servicing a car is updating the firmware. Plus they use a machine car wash with those scratchy chamois

Reaction score
the current gen of P platers are easily the slowest and most scared drivers i seen on the road over 30 years of driving.
they ride the gutter when an oncoming car passes by, they're on the brakes constantly and they just look so not confident if they gotta turn right

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't there a forum in some magazine for this rubbish

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
What about people who text and surf the Web while driving?

I know so many people who have been done by mobile phone detection cameras.

I hear it's a $550 fine and a loss of 5 demerit points?
That means if you're a P plater, you pretty much lose your licence.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They drive utes for 2 reasons...

They think theyre big boys now because they got a license and it saves the embarrassment of gutter rash.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Alot of parents by for their kids thinking their better protected, see alot in older Landcruisers also. My son doesn't have one but their is no way in hell i would have him in a small bubble car.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I hate driving through Sydney at the best of times but you see them all tailgating people and driving like fucking idiots in and out of lanes. Is it because tradies are always running late?

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I hate driving through Sydney at the best of times but you see them all tailgating people and driving like fucking idiots in and out of lanes. Is it because tradies are always running late?
Tipper and dog drivers are the worst pigs on the road.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Tipper and dog drivers are the worst pigs on the road.
Yep. Especially since they started importing drivers. If you pull in front of them they have a cry but it’s ok for them to drive like reckless *****

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Any truck job where its paid by the load should be illegal, it encourages tipper and dog drivers to drive like rats, shipping container ones are bad too.