News Outgoing Bulldogs director Paul Dunn opens up on exit after messy power struggle

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Outgoing Bulldogs football club director Paul Dunn says he stepped down today to end the civil war within the club.
Canterbury chair Lynne Anderson, and directors Dunn and John Ballesty tendered their resignations as the power struggle at Belmore reached its climax.
In doing so, they avoided a messy EGM (extraordinary general meeting), with the remaining four directors set to vote on who to replace the trio.

"We had a talk about it and really didn't want to put the club through all this turmoil with another EGM," former Test forward and premiership winning forward Dunn said.
This is my second stint on the board - I had six years the first time and two and a half years this time.
"I'm okay to stand aside if it is in the best interests of the club and they can move forward with unity.
"I am happy with what we achieved and believe I am leaving the club in a better place than it was in when we arrived.
"It was a tough year on the field this season but things are looking up and I think it is exciting times in the next few seasons.
"I am still on the leagues club board so I will still get to go to the footy and cheer for the Bulldogs."

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The sign of someone who can handle positions of power in a responsible manner is that they can step aside from that position in a dignified manner. Good on you Paul, good luck for the future.

Would be good if certain others in positions of power could muster half this dignity...

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hopefully some good people come in and some stability in the club now

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's what we have, hope.

If it turns out this is all about George Coorey's faction gaining more power than the club is stuffed. It will also explain why Gus was telling Barrett to get out of there.

Time will tell soon enough.
I thought Coorey was close to Gus? Hence why he said that to Barrett?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I thought Coorey was close to Gus? Hence why he said that to Barrett?
Lol. Man who knows? Looking from the outside in I can't get a read as to whether Coorey and Gus hate, love, or barely know each other.

What we do know from the horses mouth (Gus), is that Paul Dunn spoke with him about Barrett. It is pretty clear that Barrett was signed principally through the work of Anderson and Dunn. Also, Gus' warnings to Barrett predate the EGM, let alone the three stepping down, and from his own words are due to the politics going on at the club.

Source

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Outgoing Bulldogs football club director Paul Dunn says he stepped down today to end the civil war within the club.
Canterbury chair Lynne Anderson, and directors Dunn and John Ballesty tendered their resignations as the power struggle at Belmore reached its climax.
In doing so, they avoided a messy EGM (extraordinary general meeting), with the remaining four directors set to vote on who to replace the trio.

"We had a talk about it and really didn't want to put the club through all this turmoil with another EGM," former Test forward and premiership winning forward Dunn said.
This is my second stint on the board - I had six years the first time and two and a half years this time.
"I'm okay to stand aside if it is in the best interests of the club and they can move forward with unity.
Translated; We probably should have dealt with Coorey a little differently and this would not have happened. However, by standing down its says a big "fuck you," because the remaining board members dont like you either and will pick the replacements.

P.S you still wont be chairman of the leagues club... :tearsofjoy:

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tell your story walking Dunn ya dud director.
If you have any talent, go prove yourself somewhere else... but we know that's not going happen...