Our Starts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
breaking down our try scoring and conceding situation for every 20 minutes of the game

0-20m: 1-6
21-40m: 7-0
41-60m: 5-0
61-80m: 6-3

we have been almost perfect in the final hour of every game except for 3 tries at the death but what is it about the opening configuration of a match that means we are chasing the game after 20 minutes?

id happily dominate teams over 60 minutes but the starts of games are the reason we arent 4-0 right now

are we wearing down teams and then just getting over the top of them or is it just a lack of concentration

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we struggle for metres with Tolman and graham starting, which gives teams good field position..

Games start to change once one of the big boppers come on

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi rod,

astute observations. i agree wholeheartedly that the slow starts are what are getting us in deep trouble. you cannot play chase em down rugby and expect to win week after week.

against the broncos, i felt as if the second half was all us and we were all over them. but unfortunately, we let them get too far ahead.

against the panthers, if we didn't get absolutely DOMINATED in the opening 20-30, that is, letting them roll in 70 m gains in their sets, we probably could have let those last 2 crucial penalties in and still walked away with the W.

These slow starts are hurting us alot and amongst the bs hype that is thrown about t-rex, flat attack, i think this aspect of our game is what is truly hurting us and the people on here aren't seeing it.

Maybe its a simple case of the nerves?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we struggle for metres with Tolman and graham starting, which gives teams good field position..

Games start to change once one of the big boppers come on
Tolman did well tonight in my opinion, he was making good hit ups but he wasn't easy to stop with 2-3 people needed to halt him.

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can't afford a poor first 20 against the roosters with SBW back..
This. We need to play 80mins against the Cocks. Especially after they lost this week, that and scum bag walkout will be back. I'm reserving my praise for the team until after next week. We can do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.