Our lowest winning score this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Last Fridays game was our lowest winning score all year, first time we scored under 20 and won.
Great time to buck the trend.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lowest winning score when it mattered

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Winning score being the important part. Finals should be close and good defensive games. On the footy show they thought the side that showed the best form so far this week was Storm. Myself i think ours is better we played a better side who wouldnt have been that disadvantaged by our home ground (they are also a Sydney team and have a good record there). Souths didnt play nearly as good as Manly. In fact they were bad. And playing Melbourne in Melbourne is the hardest road trip in NRL. Myself, i wasnt that impressed and wouldnt fear playing them in Sydney at all.

Also Cowboys. They looked ok, but they were only playing the lowly Broncos and were in Townsville. There are teams who finished much further down the ladder that were in better form, Broncos had lost something like 8 of their previous 10 games. Broncos were never a chance. Canberra are going to play an out of form sharks in Canberra today. Even if they win by a margin, it wont worry me. We wont be playing them in Canberra any time soon without Ennis again.

I think our win will end up being the better form win. Melbourne IMO are the best of the rest, but im not scared of any of them. They should all be worried about us.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It may be our lowest winning score, but I think it was our most important win.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Could've been more though. Barbas 2nd try was wrongly disallowed and Reynolds dropped the chip kick with he line wide open. BTW that try would've been a cracker !

P

Paint.

Winning score being the important part. Finals should be close and good defensive games. On the footy show they thought the side that showed the best form so far this week was Storm. Myself i think ours is better we played a better side who wouldnt have been that disadvantaged by our home ground (they are also a Sydney team and have a good record there). Souths didnt play nearly as good as Manly. In fact they were bad. And playing Melbourne in Melbourne is the hardest road trip in NRL. Myself, i wasnt that impressed and wouldnt fear playing them in Sydney at all.

Also Cowboys. They looked ok, but they were only playing the lowly Broncos and were in Townsville. There are teams who finished much further down the ladder that were in better form, Broncos had lost something like 8 of their previous 10 games. Broncos were never a chance. Canberra are going to play an out of form sharks in Canberra today. Even if they win by a margin, it wont worry me. We wont be playing them in Canberra any time soon without Ennis again.

I think our win will end up being the better form win. Melbourne IMO are the best of the rest, but im not scared of any of them. They should all be worried about us.
The Storm were definitely better than us. They executed their set plays to perfection and had a near perfect completion rate. Hardly gave away any penalties and rock solid defence.
While we did have to grind out more than the Storm to win, we shouldve wrapped up the win much earlier. Manly were even worse than the Rabbits, they had 18 errors - thats a dropped ball every 5 mins. It was only our poor completion rate that kept them in the game

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
Last Fridays game was our lowest winning score all year, first time we scored under 20 and won.
Great time to buck the trend.
You would expect this to be the case as it was a semi final and the minor premiers are playing the premiers. Points were always going to be at a premium. Manly paid the price for their 10 points.

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
The Storm were definitely better than us. They executed their set plays to perfection and had a near perfect completion rate. Hardly gave away any penalties and rock solid defence.
While we did have to grind out more than the Storm to win, we shouldve wrapped up the win much earlier. Manly were even worse than the Rabbits, they had 18 errors - thats a dropped ball every 5 mins. It was only our poor completion rate that kept them in the game
Great points Paint. You also have to consider that the Dogs grounded the ball over the try line twice, to only be denied. Add that to Barba's field goal miss, and there is a potential 13 points on the board. I don't remember the Ref having to go to the video ref for anything Manly did after Snake scored his try under the posts to go to 10 - 6 up. The Dogs denied Manly their try line. The Dogs defensive line was a pleasing aspect of that game. As for the Storm, they were clinical. Their defense was very similar to the effort in Rd 7 against us in Melbourne. However, take Storm away from AMII Park, and they do not defend with the same intensity.

Gould has suggested that the Storm do not score many tries from inside their own half. So to stop them scoring, teams need to keep them buried inside their own half. Saying it is one thing, doing it is entirely a different thing.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
The Storm were helped alot by the refs in getting out of their own half...and the bunnies were absolute rubbish, made the storm look much better than they were. They were still clinical like the storm usually are though

Status
Not open for further replies.