Our Future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malla

Reaction score
Our future looks bright.

Young players in our squad - Lichaa, Mbye, Rona, Jackson, Klemmer, Lane and Perrett to name a few.

While we have had our fair share of players leave, I think they have been the right calls. It may not have seemed so this season after the year Ennis has had, but next year and the year after we will truly understand why it was the correct decision. Likewise with letting go of Hokko and keeping Mbye. He is young and prone to make plenty of mistakes. He will be better for it.

The biggest thing also is that we will have a great coach in waiting in Dymock who is learning from the best in the game and will take over when the players mentioned above are in their prime. While I love Des and think he is the best coach there is, the difference is Jim's passion for the blue and white.

Des has done a great job to set us up for the next decade at the least. We were never going to win a comp this year, as much as we would have liked to believe it, it just wasn't going to happen with the amount of set backs we had, injuries, suspensions and players out of form. We did an exceptional job to finish this far though.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Explain to me why des is the best coach? what impresses you about him?
To me he is tactically behind almost all other coaches, if he was the coach of Newcastle or the gold coast using these tactics I couldn't see them even winning a game.
we should have won a comp in the last 4 years with the players we have had.
what are these things you say he has done to set us up for the next decade? you cant be serious.
1 comp in the last 15 years is not a future in good hands, I cant see any improvement next year..

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Explain to me why des is the best coach? what impresses you about him?
To me he is tactically behind almost all other coaches, if he was the coach of Newcastle or the gold coast using these tactics I couldn't see them even winning a game.
we should have won a comp in the last 4 years with the players we have had.
what are these things you say he has done to set us up for the next decade? you cant be serious.
1 comp in the last 15 years is not a future in good hands, I cant see any improvement next year..
Does Des have the players to win a comp? The biggest issue we have are our halves......they are rudderless and offer nothing in attack

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Does Des have the players to win a comp? The biggest issue we have are our halves......they are rudderless and offer nothing in attack
He has been here for long enough now to have the players he wants champ. so whats he do? offer fifita massive dollars.
End of the day the buck stops with the coach, so he is to blame fullstop.
Yet you fail to explain why he is the best coach, since that was my comment in regards to that post.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He has been here for long enough now to have the players he wants champ. so whats he do? offer fifita massive dollars.
End of the day the buck stops with the coach, so he is to blame fullstop.
Yet you fail to explain why he is the best coach, since that was my comment in regards to that post.
Fifita is another lazy forward, he'd fit in well with T-rex.

Woods

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just watching the Holden Cup Brisbane V Warriors. This young Abbey Kid we signed looks the goods. Definatley the answer to our fullback problem.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our future looks b

Young players in our squad - Lichaa, Mbye, Rona, Jackson, Klemmer, Lane and Perrett to name a few.

While we have had our fair share of players leave, I think they have been the right calls. It may not have seemed so this season after the year Ennis has had, but next year and the year after we will truly understand why it was the correct decision. Likewise with letting go of Hokko and keeping Mbye. He is young and prone to make plenty of mistakes. He will be better for it.

The biggest thing also is that we will have a great coach in waiting in Dymock who is learning from the best in the game and will take over when the players mentioned above are in their prime. While I love Des and think he is the best coach there is, the difference is Jim's passion for the blue and white.

Des has done a great job to set us up for the next decade at the least. We were never going to win a comp this year, as much as we would have liked to believe it, it just wasn't going to happen with the amount of set backs we had, injuries, suspensions and players out of form. We did an exceptional job to finish this far though.

I'd like to know what you mean by saying Dymock has more passion for the blue and white then hasler? Dymock betrayed us in 95 he was my favourite player at the time and went with another 3 very good players to our arch enemy at the time the eels. So this passion your talking about is bullshit it all comes down to the dollar.

Human nature, the will to win the competitive nature in us,all this is why I'm certain Dez will get us a premiership just like Bennett got the dragons a premiership.

Dymocks passion for the dogs is a myth.... Players who had passion for the dogs were players like Craig polla mounter, Jason Herrington,and Steve Turvey Mortimer.

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having great young players, with a coach that does not develop them, or allow them to progress, by developing their own game, will yield much of the same. Look at Damien Cook in recent weeks. As he started fitting into our structures. He was less dangerous, less effective, and his smarts were dumbed down. I'm starting to believe that we can't take that next step under Hasler. Too many failures at the business end, players start to lose faith.

KelpiesHuskies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Our future looks bright.

agee with all.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bring barba back and we'll win and get rid of mbye he literally is a myth if ever there was one. 800k? Pleaseeee which ever dumb team is gonna pay for that please do it now and dogs give him an early release.
I think jalene has a lot more potential with that Chisholm dude

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Having great young players, with a coach that does not develop them, or allow them to progress, by developing their own game, will yield much of the same. Look at Damien Cook in recent weeks. As he started fitting into our structures. He was less dangerous, less effective, and his smarts were dumbed down. I'm starting to believe that we can't take that next step under Hasler. Too many failures at the business end, players start to lose faith.
Yh i started to notice the same thing after watching the NSW cup team last week and watching our FG squad last night..the NSW cup players like Moses, Lane and Cook all came up into firstgrade with some attacking flair, people in the media and on here would talk about them adding an extra dimension to the team etc...over time as they start to settle under Des' structure they lose that flair and look like a dumbed down version of themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.