Our Forward Pack

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Size doesn't win you games.

Penrith have won 3 Comps in a row and they don't have a monster sized forward pack. They just play like monsters.
They also have the best yardage winger and fullback in the game

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still need a big boppa that paosa could be good

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You can't coach heart. That is something we learnt last season with the pea heart arm grabbers like RFM, Thompson, TPJ, Knock-on-more
100% if RFM, TPJ, AND THOMPSON had heart we would have had a powerful starting pack.

On paper much stronger then the team we had last night.

Based on heart and effort the forward pack last night would swallow a pack with Thompson, RFM and TPJ.
Heart [emoji3590] can be the difference from being a good average player to the best player.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Didn't Hughes go through more than one major injury ?
If that is the case, he will probably take longer to regain confidence.
Pity he couldn't come back to some confidence and aggression in Cup but not to be. Big fan that this guy will be a great middle for us

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
100% if RFM, TPJ, AND THOMPSON had heart we would have had a powerful starting pack.

On paper much stronger then the team we had last night.

Based on heart and effort the forward pack last night would swallow a pack with Thompson, RFM and TPJ.
Heart [emoji3590] can be the difference from being a good average player to the best player.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
Geoff ROBBO Robinson a prop playing weight was 92 KGs at 180cm tall and a heart bigger than a mountain,
Played like a WILD MAN solely taking on much bigger opposition forwards, never got injured in 4 consecutive seasons until he copped an elbow that broke his jaw from none other than Ted Goodwin as he jumped for a bomb,
Yes Luke's dad :laughing:
When he was a kid his dad told him "The harder you run the harder it gets for the opposition to tackle you and the harder you will hurt them" , I wish him a better health !!!
We could do with a ROBBO or two at the moment !

Last edited:

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Would you attribute this to the structure they're playing with tho? That we're compensating for this lack of size other ways?
Ideally we’d have a bit of size in the backs to help with the hit ups off our line. Hopefully Xerri and Skelton can find a way into the side.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They really impressed me last week going toe to toe with the sharks much improved on last year. Ciros standards are coming through
It’s been a long time since I was looking forward to watching us play, But I am frothing for the Bunny’s on Friday, win lose or draw we will stick to the flogs.

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pack is working hard, but I still think they are way off the best packs in the competition. Kikau and Preston hold their own, King and Curran are decent middles and Mann is an excellent utility. But Faamasuali, Knight and Hughes would probably crumble without King and Curran. Salmon and Morrin at least one of them should be in NSW Cup, possibly both. The problem is Patolo looks well off a return to NRL, Tetevano plays like he is semi retired, Fifita and Sutton are injured. Hayes, Hopoi, Kautoga, Samrani and Todd would be monstered if one of Curran or King were missing. Credit to the players, but its a long year and when injuries hit, rhe side might really struggle.