Our boring/conservative style guarantees us finals football

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well if you want to be fair you should start when the Storm were cap compliant and that was 2011. In 2011 Manly won with Des, so he still has a better record. In that time Haslers been in three GFs and Bellamy one.
fkn no brainer Des legitimate coaching record which boils down to chips' beats out ole mate Craig

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
fkn no brainer Des legitimate coaching record which boils down to chips' beats out ole mate Craig
Yep. The only way you can say Bellamy has a better record than Des is if you just turn a blind eye to what was going on in Melbourne. Even his 2012 win is tainted, imo. Just look at how many of the 2010 illegal sqaud was in that team, theres heaps. Its like our win in 2004, although I take it, we only really won that because we cheated in 2002 and had a ton of the players still in 2004.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Im not saying we dont have to go up a gear to be contenders, i just believe we can and will.

Lol at lockyer carrying on about us being no chance, but doesnt do so about the broncos who are in much worse form than us and 4 pts below us on the table. Funny cnt.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im not saying we dont have to go up a gear to be contenders, i just believe we can and will.

Lol at lockyer carrying on about us being no chance, but doesnt do so about the broncos who are in much worse form than us and 4 pts below us on the table. Funny cnt.
Lockyer is just another biased queenslander. All qld commentators are the same in that regard.

Jackson.CT

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
Because most people watch sport to be entertained. Winning is something that happens for one team in the comp each year. Everyone else is a loser. Second is for soft cocks. End of. If you can celebrate losing a grand final and making yourself feel better because yu got beaten on grand final day then you are a different type of supporter to me. I'm here to win. Winning starts with doing things that your opposition don't expect. Like not following the same game plan every single week for 4 years. I used to enjoy football. I like watching the Tigers, the Raiders, Sharks and the Cows. Those guys play football and all 4 of them are more likely to win the grand final than we are this year AND their fans will actually enjoy watching them. Winning playing like shit...13-10 over an awful team in St George...is NOT enjoyable. I dont give a shit, if thats winning id rather lose because at least if we do lose they will sack that oxygen thief coach.
So what your saying is we should dump a winning formula and a bunch of players that most of the fans love to play more entertaining football at the cost of results. The GF is 1 game and it is also always the shitest game of the year, I would rather see the dogs win 15-20+ regular season games and go out in the finals.

Do you attend games ?

Jackson.CT

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
Its not a winning formula, that's my whole point. We last won anything of note in 2004. Since then the Bulldogs have been 'also rans'.
Yes re attending games. I'm 44 and saw my first dogs game at Belmore when I was 4, so chances are I've got you covered. I've seen The Entertainers and lived through Wozball (ironically not a long way removed from Desball but at least Warren's team knew how to defend unlike Hasler's) I know which i prefer of the two that's for sure. Here's my honest gut feel: we cannot win a competition playing the way we are currently and that is down to the coach. Be careful what you wish for, I'm also a Liverpool fc supporter and they have settled for 'trying to make the finals' every year and now its the Leicester's and Man City's of this world who win titles. I'd hate to see that happen to Canterbury because right now it is.
Leicester city play conservative defensive football, and Liverpool have by no means settled( we got Klopp for fucks sake) we are rebuilding our team so we can attract better players.

You obviously cant be convinced that Hasler should not stay so who do you propose replaces him(and can insure reasults)?

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
2017 Bulldogs membership will now come with a free lobotomy so you can think just like Aiden Tolman and be a true Bulldog!

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What a stupid thing to say in that our boring style is the reason we keep making the finals. First off all we would finish even higher if we player better footy and secondly who cares about finishing 6th and not winning the title?

DOGGIESSTYLE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the first time in years, I have actually missed a couple games this season, and this is all attributed to how bored I am watching bulldogs play... we are no longer the entertainers... we aren't even the dogs of war any more.. we are just plain old bulldogs winning ugly everyweek bar few games. I hate it, buts its a effective i guess.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This boring playing style must be working. Only a halfback like Foran, Pearce, A. Reynolds could change our boring playing style. I enjoy watching teams like Canberra, Cronulla, Tigers. Idk lol

Status
Not open for further replies.