Our best for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is lots of doom and gloom on here at the moment and rightfully so. But.... Amongst the poor results are players wearing the jersey with pride and giving there all for it every week. Who has:

-been our best this year and why? I think it’s hard to knock Jmoz and have him as our best. We create points down his side and leak very few.

-exceeded expectations? JMK, for a bargain basement salary and coming in with little experience he has held his own in defence. Service from dummy half has improved our side without question.

-shown the most improvement? Mbye, new position and doing more right then wrong. Having his best year for us. I think he lacks a football brain but he looks much better just concentrating on running the ball.

-who should we go out of our way to make sure we retain? RFM, he could really be anything. We have all seen what he can do and without doubt he could be one of the best in the game if he keeps stepping up.

If we could leave players salary out of consideration as old management put these values on the players and not our current administration/ coach.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
RFM for all the questions..

although I did sort of expect this sort of form from him...

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mbye haters incoming.....
I would ask them if they think he is a better 7. We had a better team when he was 7 and he consistently struggled.

Bmoz is a better FB then Hoppa but with the inevitable cap squeeze what were Pays options of developing a fullback out of the cattle he had?
Mbye has the attributes of a FB and seeing we don’t have FB money until 2021 I don’t think there was any other choice.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Mbye is going pretty good at FB. A few silly errors but mostly he's good for a first year FB. He's even starting to pass more which was my gripe at the start of the season.

His long kicking game is good and I think his place kicking has improved (I know I know). Even the ones he misses are close not the spraying it all over the place misses.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Rookie coach.
As a result we missed the preseason big time.
A lot of compliancy around the place, the perfect example the trial game against Penrith.
Many here on the Kennel got a big hard on how our reserve grade beat Penrith's full strength team.
Who is laughing now?
Got flogged first two games as defence was fucking pathetic..
Defence has improved out of sight.
Attack....well still heaps to work on.

The NRL corrupt refereeing has cost us 3 games, Souffs, Brisbane (well golden point chance) and Cronulla.

I think we could get up this weekend!
As to the best 2018:-

RFM
Klemmer has been great. Wish he had on offload but gee he is making heaps of meters.
Martin looks the goods? Goal line defence he needs to work on.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that the lack of trials hurt the team and we looked underdone to start the season. A rookie coach will learn from his mistakes and the biggest surprise has been Pay’s ability to drop players. He hasn’t dropped as many as we’d like but has shown to be much more reactive to onfield performance in 11 rounds than Hasler did for his whole tenure as coach.
Our defence looks solid apart from the right edge on our goal line. I’d like to see is look more purposeful in attack as it doesn’t look like we have a plan at all

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There is lots of doom and gloom on here at the moment and rightfully so. But.... Amongst the poor results are players wearing the jersey with pride and giving there all for it every week. Who has:

-been our best this year and why? I think it’s hard to knock Jmoz and have him as our best. We create points down his side and leak very few.

-exceeded expectations? JMK, for a bargain basement salary and coming in with little experience he has held his own in defence. Service from dummy half has improved our side without question.

-shown the most improvement? Mbye, new position and doing more right then wrong. Having his best year for us. I think he lacks a football brain but he looks much better just concentrating on running the ball.

-who should we go out of our way to make sure we retain? RFM, he could really be anything. We have all seen what he can do and without doubt he could be one of the best in the game if he keeps stepping up.

If we could leave players salary out of consideration as old management put these values on the players and not our current administration/ coach.
I actually agree with you on all 4 counts.

We are going to miss JMoz big time in the next 2 months. He is about the only thing stopping score blowouts.

MosDef

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
RFM, Morris Brothers, Mbye, Klemmer, Martin and Kerron Holland have been good.

Everyone else subpar. Hoppa and Foran have had a few good games though.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Mbyes clearly been our best player. RFM has been our best forward

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The most suprising has been Montoya - & his lack of form
To be honest a lot of his defence reads has been the cause of his inside men rushing in aka foran and hoppa.

Before foran came our sliding defence on that side wasn’t as bad and Montoya rarely got caught out. Watch our games slowly and montoya is usually 2/3 on 1 and that’s not solely his fault. When your inside man is to close to his man you have no choice but to come in or there’s a massive hole.

Only way to confirm this is to drop him and put someone else there and if the same thing happens then that’s your problem.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
all ill say is that on the eve of round 1 i said that brett morris should be fullback because common sense says all we care about is winning

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Two users have been reply banned from this thread for user abuse. I trust that will be all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.