Our ball players/halves

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do they ever hardly ball play AT THE LINE?

It takes bravery and Andrew Johns also said this, to ball play at the line takes bravery because you are essentially leaving your body exposed to a hit.

To me, the halves are our biggest problem. They either run to the line and try and break it themselves OR they pass before the line.

No one is ball playing at the line. That is why our offense looks horrible in the opposition. By ball playing at the line, you are forcing the defense to make decisions.

You see the Parra halves doing this, you see Thurston etc etc. Every teams halves are ball playing at the line.

Are our halves whimps?

Untamed

Previously wilddog
Reaction score
One has heart but no brains.
The other just has a huge head

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Your are looking at the wrong Jersey. Our Half back in the No:10 jersey does it all the time.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Because Des doesn't let them ball play, they are ball runners sweeping out the back...It comes down to his shit structures. Graham and Tolman handle the ball more than i handle my fucking cock ffs.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How pathetic was that when Johns and Gus said the same thing last night, why you make your forwards go forward when at the end all you do is go back again with your halves. they also said bulldogs game plan is clear as day light that they only try to score on the edges, never through the middle.

Des, you muppet every one has figured you out, but you are a delusional **** ruining our club

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because Des doesn't let them ball play, they are ball runners sweeping out the back...It comes down to his shit structures. Graham and Tolman handle the ball more than i handle my fucking cock ffs.
Pre game fox last night they were showing stats on how many times a forward pack ball plays/handles the ball in the oppositions 20 during a match, on average.

From memory the average was 23 times a game and the dogs blew it off the park with 34.9 a game

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We aren't creative at all. Well Moses at a pinch. However i will give Josh Reynolds a thumbs up for effort last night (he was still shit) but i haven't seen him run straight and take the line on that much in years... problem was he got hammered everytime lol.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Pre game fox last night they were showing stats on how many times a forward pack ball plays/handles the ball in the oppositions 20 during a match, on average.

From memory the average was 23 times a game and the dogs blew it off the park with 34.9 a game
I wish Des and Graham never came to the club, then maybe we would never have seen this shit style of footy. Eastwood had 15 touches and ran the ball 4 times..4 fucking times. What a joke. Do people really expect our halves to create when they have forwards carrying on like that?

I can't blame our halves atm, this clearly falls on our shit system des has developed over the years.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish Des and Graham never came to the club, then maybe we would never have seen this shit style of footy. Eastwood had 15 touches and ran the ball 4 times..4 fucking times. What a joke. Do people really expect our halves to create when they have forwards carrying on like that?

I can't blame our halves atm, this clearly falls on our shit system des has developed over the years.
Des is a myth

He can go fuck himself by turning on his gps on his ipad and typing brookvale, one way, quickest root with pay toll. He can even use the clubs tag for the last time

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Des is a myth

He can go fuck himself by turning on his gps on his ipad and typing brookvale, one way, quickest root with pay toll. He can even use the clubs tag for the last time
Ayee. Club really needs to cut him now before it is too late. Get a new coach in asap and let them work with the players and recriit while some player are still available. Id be bringing in Cleary before Souths do, don't think Jimmy wants to be head coach.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The halves need to break the shackles...There was 1 play last night, where in the 2nd half we were on the front foot just after Jacko made a great run, we were about 40 out from the Eels line, a good quick play the ball and the Eels line was bent, we had a back line spread, then for some reason we turned the ball inside to Tolman to jogged to the defensive line for a hit up...

Things like that make me really wonder.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Our halves aren't good enough. We need to sign a halfback and a fullback.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It's embarrassing when Brad Takairangi schools our full time halves.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Our halves are shit, two 5/8s and both have lousy kicking games. Norman and some dud center owned them last night. It's embarrassing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Our halves are shit, two 5/8s and both have lousy kicking games. Norman and some dud center owned them last night. It's embarrassing.
Our structures make them way worse. A half simple can't create without options around them. Simple as that.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Our structures make them way worse. A half simple can't create without options around them. Simple as that.
Yep agreed but they still both have shit kicking games though

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yep agreed but they still both have shit kicking games though
Yh there kicking games are poor, but our kicking game has deadset been the same since Des arrived..i am convinced Des puts little effort into it in instructs them to kick this way. Standard kicks to the winger and make them work there way out of the corner. Des needs to go, simple as that imo. Doesn't matter who plays where, we need a revamp at that starts with the coach.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yh there kicking games are poor, but our kicking game has deadset been the same since Des arrived..i am convinced Des puts little effort into it in instructs them to kick this way. Standard kicks to the winger and make them work there way out of the corner. Des needs to go, simple as that imo. Doesn't matter who plays where, we need a revamp at that starts with the coach.
Yeah i do agree with that, i would be happy to see dymock see out the year. He has done it before and and did a great job.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah i do agree with that, i would be happy to see dymock see out the year. He has done it before and and did a great job.
I think we should pick up Cleary, dunno if Jimmy wants to be head coach. What other coach is available atm?

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we should pick up Cleary, dunno if Jimmy wants to be head coach. What other coach is available atm?
I have always rated clearly a great coach, i would be happy with that. I only meant jimmy to see out the year because he has done this kind of thing for us before.

Status
Not open for further replies.