Our Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
This is the first game that I've been excited about our attack since we beat Storm, round 4, 2014.

Straight and fast running to the line from our halves, and lichaa. Inside and outside balls at the line, into gaps. Some more depth, and Lichaa had more support when he ran the ball.

It wasn't perfect. We were still pretty flat for large sections of the game, and our offloads were useless. However, it gave me some promise.

I do t want to bash Hodkinson, but I'm worried our attack will go backward upon his return.

lafai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Idk, I suspect more one out bullshit when Hokko returns. Graham coming back will help tho

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is the first game that I've been excited about our attack since we beat Storm, round 4, 2014.

Straight and fast running to the line from our halves, and lichaa. Inside and outside balls at the line, into gaps. Some more depth, and Lichaa has more support when he ran the ball.

It wasn't perfect. We were still pretty flat for large sections of the game, and our offloads were useless. However, it gave me some promise.

I do t want to bash Hodkinson, but I'm worried our attack will go backward upon his return.

Mate Liccha was on another level today.

totally different game from Liccha and hence the 40 points + better performance from Reynolds.

but definitely different game plan and hope we continue on with this and dont go back to same old rubbish predictable dumb footy.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we get all our players back and drop hodko it will be exciting once we have graham and b morris adding to what we saw today. Not sure what to make on our defense though

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The difference today was when we were on the attack, we weren't doing one-out hit-ups playing to the last tackle and hoping for something to happen.

We were playing the Raiders though, who today had a non-existent defence line.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The difference today was when we were on the attack, we weren't doing one-out hit-ups playing to the last tackle and hoping for something to happen.

We were playing the Raiders though, who today had a non-existent defence line.
Agree, we have certainly taken a step in the right direction but we still have a long way to go.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Halves received the ball closer to the ruck and the forwards ran off the halves.. the way it should be. Having pace and agility in the 6 and 7 also helps alot. Hopefully we build off this structure and don't revert back to the usual once Graham is back.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Straight and fast running to the line from our halves, and lichaa. Inside and outside balls at the line, into gaps. Some more depth, and Lichaa had more support when he ran the ball.

Yeah I know. It was just nice to see us run hard at the line with lots if support. So much better than flat footed attack in the opposition 20. I am not saying it will beat every team I the comp, but it was nice to spend a good part of the game without my head in my hands in disbelief!

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ridiculous to some but anyone think graham is also contributing to the lack of attack?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think constantly structuring our attack around him is.

yep his problem / our problem is that we rely too much on him for both defence and attack.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think constantly structuring our attack around him is.
Yep.

Today we adopted a style whereby mbye/reynolds were first receivers, and too be frank, they delivered in spades. Our former attacking structures were basically using forwards as first receivers and the halves were just ball shifters. This caused Reynolds to be more lateral (crab walking) in his style, and he didn't receive quality ball first. You'll notice when he gets the ball as first receiver, he seems to play more direct, and thats where is the most lethal.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not only that our halves were doing things to get the team moving, with Hokko our plays just stop and die.

Status
Not open for further replies.