Our attack with Barrett as coach compared to with Potter as coach in 2022

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
On a serious note how bad does baz feel seeing these performances
Notice how now all the journos and presenters haven't spoken about Barret. Remember when we punted him Gus was a evil prick and punting Baz wasn't the answer and all that bullshit we heard for weeks and the comments that thief Steve Hansen made. Funny how things change in rugby league. If we are getting Ciraldo I really do hope they keep Mick on as an assistant.

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The thing I have noticed is how well jmk has played under potter. Still makes some dumb choices but is way better now. May be a combination of sorting out future and potter influence

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Panthers defence is down to top coaching and they are also the fittest team in the comp.

Defence can look great if the refs let you jump the 10m to 5m like QLD did in game 3.

Our control of games will have to improve, we almost gifted the Titans a comeback win.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like Baz so much. I mean he is a former dragon so that in itself speaks to his personality, as I have never liked a dragon! but old mate Potsy has shown just how out of his depth Baz was. Poor widdle Bazzy :-(
D0305193-29F1-4775-AA49-872DCE1CF4ED.jpeg

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Notice how now all the journos and presenters haven't spoken about Barret. Remember when we punted him Gus was a evil prick and punting Baz wasn't the answer and all that bullshit we heard for weeks and the comments that thief Steve Hansen made. Funny how things change in rugby league. If we are getting Ciraldo I really do hope they keep Mick on as an assistant.
It’s gone quiet because that’s the sound journos make when they are proven wrong. Gus has been right from the start, in fact, he was right even before TB started - he knew he wasn’t the right fit for a club like ours.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
With Barrett = Played 10. Points scored 96. Average 9.6 ppg.

With Potter = Played 8. Points scored 204. Average 25.5 ppg.

It's been 8 games now with Potter as coach. It's safe to say that our attack has been fixed.
Last year and up until potter took over the kennel was divided into 2 camps. Those that were saying it’s not the coach it’s the team’s fault, the players are rubbish, give it time for combinations to click, changing the coach will make no difference. And then there was the other camp that’s been calling for the coach Baz to be sacked even from mid season last year because they could see what Barrett was doing was not working. The results speak for themselves. Same squad of 30 to work from. 2 coaches. One with the benefit of two full preseasons to work with that lost 35 of its last 40 games and could barely score more than 12 points a game. The other with no preseason that has turned this same side around that is now scoring points at will. Night and day. Well done Potter.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Listening to Jacko (skip) mid week presser and he’s still not giving Potter his flowers for unleashing our attack…fkn disappointing and disrespectful to not even mention Pots.

He says our attack has improved due to a few reasons namely familiarity with spine players but doesn’t include that maybe just maybe Potter has a big influence on it too

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Defence can look great if the refs let you jump the 10m to 5m like QLD did in game 3.
Only Game 3? It has been a Brisbane and Queensland trademark for years at Lang Park / Suncorp. I think there must be special arrangements in place that visiting teams haven't been told about.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Listening to Jacko (skip) mid week presser and he’s still not giving Potter his flowers for unleashing our attack…fkn disappointing and disrespectful to not even mention Pots.

He says our attack has improved due to a few reasons namely familiarity with spine players but doesn’t include that maybe just maybe Potter has a big influence on it too
I love Jacko, but he reckons Barrett is the best coach he has had.. The poor bugger has had to many knocks to the head.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL WTF is up with all the pics of Baz sticking his middle finger up. Who does that when speaking? I know he's half Leb or whatever, and wogs do use their hands when they speak, but FMD this is taking it to another level

Last edited: