Our 2024 fullback is…

BULLDOGGSFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Critta is a world class centre, but to compare critta to GI at fullback is just silly.
Ok put it this way would GI do more or less at fullback if he was playing with Penrith today ?
Yeah but we’re not comparing them as fullbacks because Critta hasn’t played there barely at all. That would definitely be an unfair comparison.

But to compare them as centres at the same stage in their careers? That’s fair.

To compare their career achievements?

That’s surprisingly kind fair too considering they’ve both won the same amount of comps…

And if you’re not judging players by how many premierships they’ve won or at least taking it into account then what are we talking about?

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can we all plz stop with the Crichton at fullback to Inglis comparison they are totally ridiculous. He is not GI, Tote different style of player

Sir dogeth style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i have a mate that knows critta very well, he seen him in the druitt the other day and asked him to be up front and tell me where youre playing and critta said

he is 80% having 1st crack at fullback for the 1st few games at least unless something comes up, may slot into centre at some point or if need be but he definitely wants to play fullback that is a fact

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah but we’re not comparing them as fullbacks because Critta hasn’t played there barely at all. That would definitely be an unfair comparison.

But to compare them as centres at the same stage in their careers? That’s fair.

To compare their career achievements?

That’s surprisingly kind fair too considering they’ve both won the same amount of comps…

And if you’re not judging players by how many premierships they’ve won or at least taking it into account then what are we talking about?
We are talking about making the transition from centre to fullback.
GI succeeded can critta do the same?
Maybe, another good example is fattrell he has all the talent but isn’t as good at fullback as he was as a centre.

BULLDOGGSFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i have a mate that knows critta very well, he seen him in the druitt the other day and asked him to be up front and tell me where youre playing and critta said

he is 80% having 1st crack at fullback for the 1st few games at least unless something comes up, may slot into centre at some point or if need be but he definitely wants to play fullback that is a fact
Thanks for the inside info

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe, another good example is fattrell he has all the talent but isn’t as good at fullback as he was as a centre.
GI didnt transition to fullback he played there his whole life. He transitioned to other positions. Crichton situation tote diff

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
GI played centre at Melbourne then at origin
Do some research GI played his entire jnr, jnr rep footy at fullback. That was always his natural position. Slater was around at fullback when he hit first grade but GI always slot into fullback while slater was injured or on rep dutys

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No way you can compare Burto and JT.
Firstly you’re trying to compare a 5/8 and a guy who’s played half his career at centre.
Disagree about comparing GI and Critta though. At the same stage in their careers they were both centres. Critta has won more premierships at the same stage in his career but GI had achieved more rep level success.
Compare away I say!
If we're talking achievements then a 20/21 year old GI won a Clive Churchill @ 5/8. I just don't understand why we're trying to force a comparison, he's probably the best centre in the game ATM so just leave it at. GI was literally broken at his peak and Crichton just isn't there.

BULLDOGGSFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yep but again I’m not talking about comparing the two at fullback because you can’t. Critta hasn’t really played there yet.
If you wanna talk about if you think he can do it or not that’s a different conversation….
But to say you can’t compare them isn’t really true.
You can compare them as centres at the same stage in their careers and their career achievements…
But to compare them as fullbacks would require some weird tarot card, clairvoyance stuff I’m not set up for!

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Do some research GI played his entire jnr, jnr rep footy at fullback. That was always his natural position. Slater was around at fullback when he hit first grade but GI always slot into fullback while slater was injured or on rep dutys
My point still stands critta is better suited at centre not fullback, that’s my opinion.
The fact that we are discussing GI is someone posted that critta can make the transition to fullback like GI did.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My point still stands critta is better suited at centre not fullback, that’s my opinion.
The fact that we are discussing GI is someone posted that critta can make the transition to fullback like GI did.
GI never transitioned to fullback lol how are u not comprehending this bro. He played there his whole life and was his natural first choice positin

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

It's obvious we signed him to play fullback and people pretending that we didn't because of a few cliches in interviews is laughable. Tracey should change things though imo, he looked very good at fullback and has genuine playmaking ability which is something we need in the spine.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep but again I’m not talking about comparing the two at fullback because you can’t. Critta hasn’t really played there yet.
If you wanna talk about if you think he can do it or not that’s a different conversation….
But to say you can’t compare them isn’t really true.
You can compare them as centres at the same stage in their careers and their career achievements…
But to compare them as fullbacks would require some weird tarot card, clairvoyance stuff I’m not set up for!
I get what you mean but do you think critta will be good or better at fullback than centre?

BULLDOGGSFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If we're talking achievements then a 20/21 year old GI won a Clive Churchill @ 5/8. I just don't understand why we're trying to force a comparison, he's probably the best centre in the game ATM so just leave it at. GI was literally broken at his peak and Crichton just isn't there.
Yep but even to say that you’re pointing out that even though GI played predominantly centre in his early career he was versatile enough to slot in at different positions if necessary.

Sound familiar? Critter has played predominantly centre (both sides of the field) but also wing, 5/8, fullback so they were both extremely versatile too.

Is that not a fair comparison?

I get what you’re trying to say though

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
GI never transitioned to fullback lol how are u not comprehending this bro. He played there his whole life and was his natural first choice positin
Read my post again I never started the transition to fullback argument all I said was critta in my opinion is better at centre.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Read my post again I never started the transition to fullback argument all I said was critta in my opinion is better at centre.
U said GI made the transition to fullback. This is not fact and is a lie

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
U said GI made the transition to fullback. This is not fact and is a lie
lol what can’t you comprehend?
I said that I didn’t start the conversation about the transition, but going of my memory remembering that GI started at centre playing for Melbourne and became fullback at south’s is that hard for you to comprehend?