Our 2024 fullback is…

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Lol didnt know that. I did see someone say that young hooker who we delisted mid year would be the next cam smith hahaha forget who
That was @Bulldogsteve he said Brandon Clarke was going to be the next Harry Grant. Can’t believe people take that clown seriously

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You may well be right, that Crichton is a better centre than he is a fullback, but that is irrelevant. What is relevant is is the team better with him at fullback or centre? To answer that we have to consider who else will be centre or fullback and what effect that has on the team as a whole.

If Crichton did play centre then who plays fullback? The 2 obvious choices are Taaffe and Tracey, with my view that Taaffe will be in the running for halfback and will probably spend the off season training in that position and also physically conditioning for that position. To me that means Tracey is the most logical choice as alternate fullback to Crichton.

Personally I believe that Tracey is a better centre than fullback, he has far more NRL experience at centre, in fact 3 times as much and only played fullback when Edwards was unavailable.

I would also consider that Crichton will spend the whole preseason training at fullback. plus trial/s, that's what "given first chance" really means. Which would mean Tracey will spend most of the preseason NOT training at fullback.

With the above in mind, I am of the view that the team would be superior with Tracey at centre and Crichton at fullback. which is the only thing that is relevant.

Plenty of water to flow under that bridge before the season starts.

Always a Bulldog
Crichton's defence and general centre play is what we desperately need and the only way I would play him at fullback is if we had no viable alternative. I think Tracey is very viable. But who knows how it all pans out. I just hope they all stay healthy.

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mail was wrong just admit it.
Now To’oh is your proof?
Mail was good bro. Luai apparently even had photos done in our gear in prep for announcement (the jersey To’oh had on was the one). U cant buy the 2024 jersey yet he got it off luai. Richardson got us late credit to him
So your mail was good and we signed him on OVERS back in October. Did we release him from his contract?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Scored all those tries playing centre, I say leave him there where he is arguably the best in the game.
Which one of those tries couldn't he have scored from fullback? Noting that he played both on the left and the right side, as a fullback would and should.

Always a Bulldog

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
That was @Bulldogsteve he said Brandon Clarke was going to be the next Harry Grant. Can’t believe people take that clown seriously
To be fair, the bloke who works/worked with Gus as his right hand man in scouting said that on radio about Brandon Clarke first.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fullbacks generally don’t attack one in from the winger where the centre is positioned in attacking situations.. and he’s not our best fullback option.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
To be fair, the bloke who works/worked with Gus as his right hand man in scouting said that on radio about Brandon Clarke first.
Why haven't you changed your user like the other mods?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Scored all those tries playing centre, I say leave him there where he is arguably the best in the game.
I agree, whilst he can play fullback and he’d be an upgrade on Perham in the no.1 jersey, I’d leave him in the centres. We have other options at fullback.

I’d put Burton at no.1 but he’ll need to be fitter than what he is now.

No one has mentioned this but Burton was one of the players complaining about the training load last year. He needs to pull his finger out and play to his potential.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree, whilst he can play fullback and he’d be an upgrade on Perham in the no.1 jersey, I’d leave him in the centres. We have other options at fullback.

I’d put Burton at no.1 but he’ll need to be fitter than what he is now.

No one has mentioned this but Burton was one of the players complaining about the training load last year. He needs to pull his finger out and play to his potential.
Now you're talking, Burton @ fullback

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Steve’s relo