Original Marriage Proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

So^Yeah

JMJ
Reaction score
i dont know if there is a thread on this already, but it wont hurt..... what stories have you heard of very original style wedding proposals. also what are ways in which you would like to propose of be proposed to.....

the most original proposal i have come across is the parents of the guy going to the parents of the girl, and the father of the 'groom to be' asked the father of the 'bride to be' for her hand for his son for marriage...... :P

So^Yeah

JMJ
Reaction score
no love in the air today...... we can always change it to original ways of divorcing....

D

D0ggyStylz

So^Yeah said:
the most original proposal i have come across is the parents of the guy going to the parents of the girl, and the father of the 'groom to be' asked the father of the 'bride to be' for her hand for his son for marriage...... :P
that is the worst thing I have ever heard!

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
When i got married i took my wife to be on a horse and cart ride around Broadwater QLD and then when we got back i took her and a bottle of champagne down to the beach and i got down on one knee and asked her there, i didnt have a ring however, being a jeweller i just gave her a loose diamond and she designed her own for me to make later.

I am divorced now though, but we remain great friends and always will.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
My idea is the best.............

Take her on a helicopter ride, propose, if she says no, throw her out of the helicopter! LOL

DoggyGirl

>Sylvana
Reaction score
So^Yeah said:
how's that original if it's traditional? Very unoriginal in my opinion :D

Just Me

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got proposed to in the kitchen of my flat when living in the UK for VISA reasons....hahaa I declined :grinning:

So^Yeah

JMJ
Reaction score
DoggyGirl said:
how's that original if it's traditional? Very unoriginal in my opinion :D

sarcasm

its not original

i just couldnt think of anything else to say

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
TANK said:
My idea is the best.............

Take her on a helicopter ride, propose, if she says no, throw her out of the helicopter! LOL
but first make sure u make her strip her clothes :D

DoggyGirl

>Sylvana
Reaction score
So^Yeah said:
sarcasm

its not original

i just couldnt think of anything else to say
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh gotcha! well i do have a story to tell.

A friend of ours got proposed to in the following way.....

Boyfriend picks up the girlf and takes her to Bankstown airport where he had chartered a helicopter for the day. They flew aroundover sydney for a bit then headed out over the water til they couldn't see any land. Soon they came to an island with beautiful green trees, white sand, blue water.

Down on thw white sand there was a table. They touched down and walked up to the table, and as they got closer, there was HUGE diamond ring awaiting. He got down on one knee to propose and all of a sudden these guys with violins appeared and he proposed.

Tis was so sweet but unfortunately they divorced a few months after they married

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Fully Sik Drop kick said:
but first make sure u make her strip her clothes :D
WHAT? How can you talk like that bro?

She will be naked BEFORE she gets on the helicopter ;)

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
um best or most original proposal i've heard of is the guy pretends to be upset with the girl over something, & that the last thing on her mind is a marriage proposal, then he finds a way to shock her by proposing on an island or romantic hideway or something, then the hoff jogs past & sings a romantic song, & garry coleman walks up to prsent the ring to the guy who kneels down & pops the question

:D

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
DoggyGirl said:
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh gotcha! well i do have a story to tell.

A friend of ours got proposed to in the following way.....

Boyfriend picks up the girlf and takes her to Bankstown airport where he had chartered a helicopter for the day. They flew aroundover sydney for a bit then headed out over the water til they couldn't see any land. Soon they came to an island with beautiful green trees, white sand, blue water.

Down on thw white sand there was a table. They touched down and walked up to the table, and as they got closer, there was HUGE diamond ring awaiting. He got down on one knee to propose and all of a sudden these guys with violins appeared and he proposed.

Tis was so sweet but unfortunately they divorced a few months after they married

was it brent sherwin by any chance?? he sounds like he'd be rich enough for that sort of stuff & was also unlucky to have his marriage a end a few months later

So^Yeah

JMJ
Reaction score
i have a story...

this guy talk his gf on a boat trip to this little island where he put out candles and rose petals everywhere.. when she got there she can see the whole place lit up... he proposed to her and when she said yes, his friends came out of the bush cheering and clapping... thats cute!

~MC~

untouchable
Reaction score
TRUE STORY!

Me and my two best friends were being stalked by some Swedish backpackers last weekend. We saw them at the Bondi Westfields food court and they asked if they could sit with us. We said "No". So they sat right next to us. And they kept on asking us questions, but we didn't answer back. But my bestie threw some french fries at one of them though. Anyways they followed us on the bus to Circular Quay! When we got off the bus, they went to the donut shop and bought some donuts back for us and they asked us to marry them. I said "No, but i'll take the donut".

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
MaterialGirl said:
TRUE STORY!

Me and my two best friends were being stalked by some Swedish backpackers last weekend. We saw them at the Bondi Westfields food court and they asked if they could sit with us. We said "No". So they sat right next to us. And they kept on asking us questions, but we didn't answer back. But my bestie threw some french fries at one of them though. Anyways they followed us on the bus to Circular Quay! When we got off the bus, they went to the donut shop and bought some donuts back for us and they asked us to marry them. I said "No, but i'll take the donut".
i think the dougnut was meant 2 represent the ring, hmmmm tbh, i think it was the guy i know from IKEA :D

So^Yeah

JMJ
Reaction score
Fully Sik Drop kick said:
um best or most original proposal i've heard of is the guy pretends to be upset with the girl over something, & that the last thing on her mind is a marriage proposal, then he finds a way to shock her by proposing on an island or romantic hideway or something, then the hoff jogs past & sings a romantic song, & garry coleman walks up to prsent the ring to the guy who kneels down & pops the question

:D

you were going good until you go to the hoff... why didnt i predict it was coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.