Origin experience boosts Bulldog Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggies15

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
http://www.nrl.com/origin-experience-boosts-bulldog-jackson/tabid/10874/newsid/88110/default.aspx

Canterbury and NSW back-rower Josh Jackson has received a boost out of his first call-up to the Origin arena, his coach Des Hasler said after the 24-year-old's man of the match effort against Parramatta on Friday night.
Jackson was heavily involved, notching an equal match-high four tackle breaks, while his 171 metres were second among all players after fullback Brett Morris and he added a crucial second half try.
Hasler went out of his way to praise Jackson's efforts in the post-match press conference, saying he had gotten a lift out of his first Origin campaign.
"It certainly adds to their confidence. It's amazing, over the 6-8 week period he didn't play a lot of footy but I think any experience like that is always good for any young footballer," Hasler said.
Jackson humbly suggested to NRL.com that there were a number of his teammates more deserving of the accolade after the 28-4 win, including Brett Morris, Aiden Tolman and Sam Perrett.
"I thought a lot of other people probably could have got it. Brett Morris was outstanding, Sammy Perrett's outstanding every week, Aiden Tolman, those guys just do it every week. There's a lot of raps there for guys, I thought we all played really well," he said.

[h=2]Rnd 19: Fri 17 Jul 2015, 2:35am, ANZ Stadium[/h]
#NRLEelsBulldogs

FULL TIME

WATCH HIGHLIGHTSPLAYER STATSTIPPING

He praised Perrett's efforts in defusing a series of tough kicks and spending all night marking up on blockbusting Eels winger Semi Radradra.
"He's not an easy man to stop big Semi Radradra and I thought Sammy did a really good job on him tonight, particularly under the high ball, he's as safe as houses back there, he's very underrated and deserve the raps," Jackson said.
Refusing to give himself a plug, Jackson laughed off his try-scoring performance.
"I don't get over much! I might have got one early this year. It's always good to get the four pointers so I'll take it," he said.
Jackson also praised the efforts of his young edge back-row partner Shaun Lane, who was held back for 60 minutes before coming on and providing a constant threat with his offloads.
"He's playing outstanding footy," Jackson said after Lane's fourth top-grade game.
"For a guy who's only just come into it he's playing like a bloke who's been there for years. He knows when to throw the offloads and when to hold them back. He's just a big kid and he'll only get better."
Jackson said while the win over the Eels was scrappy there were some positives to take from it.
"I thought we defended well when it counted. It was good to get the win, especially after the Brisbane loss [last week]," he said.
"It's pretty tight around the eight at the moment so hopefully we can string a few more together and come into the finals with a little bit of form and feel a little bit comfortable not having to rely on your differential coming into the finals."

Malla

Reaction score
He had one of the best games in a doggies jersey last night. Thing about Jackson is often he has a great game in D but average in attack or vice versa. He was clinical on both ends last night.

Loved his defense in Manu last night - cut him down numerous times. He is really fast becoming one of the best back rowers in the game. Love his attitude and his work rate.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
every team needs a worker like jackson, never stops and gives his best every game

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can't do that every week, he was everywhere working himself to a pulp.MOM.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
With the reduced interchange i can possibly see him playing at lock in the future. His defence and workrate through the middle will be massive for us, as will his speed and footwork. He isn't exactly the best hole runner outwide imo, and i think that could hold him back from being an elite edge player.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
jackson played very well last night really put in 100% effort all game, the only thing i would now like to see josh do is work on cutting down dumb penalties, if he can do that i would say he will be one of our best

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Really love Jackson playing for our club, not only is he skilled he is a smart/educated and very well set young man.

Great captain and role model material and I wish him the best with our club and his development, he has said he loves the club and is showing the return love/hard work for us!

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
With the reduced interchange i can possibly see him playing at lock in the future. His defence and workrate through the middle will be massive for us, as will his speed and footwork. He isn't exactly the best hole runner outwide imo, and i think that could hold him back from being an elite edge player.
Well it depends what you consider an elite edge player, I often hear commentators talking up Boyd Cordner and the way he runs lines etc. Cordner is an automatic selection for rep sides yet in my opinion he does nothing and I rate Jackson above him. Jackson can stay as the workhorse of the pack with his great defence. It's up to guys like Tony Williams to stamp his authority as an elite player and start becoming a damaging hole runner. Close to the line he would be unstoppable. Frank Pritchard seems to get better with age, he will consistently run good lines Williams can learn alot from the Tank.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Hell of a game from Jackson on Friday night, will be great to see him continue the good form for the rest of the season.

Barba

TANK
Reaction score
Well it depends what you consider an elite edge player, I often hear commentators talking up Boyd Cordner and the way he runs lines etc. Cordner is an automatic selection for rep sides yet in my opinion he does nothing and I rate Jackson above him. Jackson can stay as the workhorse of the pack with his great defence. It's up to guys like Tony Williams to stamp his authority as an elite player and start becoming a damaging hole runner. Close to the line he would be unstoppable. Frank Pritchard seems to get better with age, he will consistently run good lines Williams can learn alot from the Tank.
cordner is a few classes below jackson

seriously there is NOTHING special about corder. nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.