Optimistic....

Status
Not open for further replies.

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
I know this year has had many highs and lows..Consistency being the main issue and defence has been a problem...

But where theres a chance theres a spirit and i think we have the team to pull it out of out asses.And the players who know how to step up in finals footy...

Its now time for Shifty,Reni,Mason,Patten,ElMasri,Utai,Sonny,Shrek,Tonga, Ryan, Hughes and Perry (even Armit) to all step up like we KNOW they can,,,Theyve been in these big games befor and know how to stay cool in the finals footy..

Still have faith...

Finals football is a different game to we have been playing the last 26 weeks.
its harder and less flamboyent and suits the Bulldogs down to a tea..
We have the players to do it,and a team that with confidence can beat anyone EASILY on thier day...
So lets hope that last 20 minutes yesterday has showed us our way,,and 2 loses to make us hungry again...

just believing untill theres nothing left to believe in...

ps...We are pretty much where the Broncos were last year

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
i still have faith that we can make something out of this year but we need to HTFU and play solid football

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Bulldogs have tremendous fire power when given the Chance can really "Bark" at the Defence & get some crucial Points or some Plain Great Tries. It's the Defence that just needs some Tuning.

P.M.

Ban Ned
Reaction score
Word...i still got faith, but its like a lotterry with our team...Will they play before the 60 min mark? or will they wake up when the oppositions 28 in front?

Anythings possible, thats for sure...heres hoping we turn up to play hard and long!

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
I still think we can do it... I am worried we are no where near our best near the finals, but still think we can do something and give it a shake.

We need to start being patient and completing sets though... if we do that and keep possession, we will scare teams... as coastaldog said, this is finals football, it's less about being flamboyant and more about grinding, and if there is one team that can grind it's us.

The one positive to take out of the season so far is we have ground out victories when we have been playing crap quite well. The way we came back against the Dragons, the win vs the Broncos, the games we have won by a few points.. they were all ugly and were all grinding.. so that hasn't been lost, and we will need that coming into this period.

We need to do the simple things right though, and that hasn't happened enough this season, we do that, and anything is possible in this comp.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Word...i still got faith, but its like a lotterry with our team...Will they play before the 60 min mark? or will they wake up when the oppositions 28 in front?

Anythings possible, thats for sure...heres hoping we turn up to play hard and long!
The Bulldogs have woken up when behind in the aPast Couple of weeks except for the Storm game. So the next time, the Bulldogs really need to be the one to score first.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
The Bulldogs have woken up when behind in the aPast Couple of weeks except for the Storm game. So the next time, the Bulldogs really need to be the one to score first.
i think so aswell...if we get the 1st try up next week...no matter who we vs it will do our confidence a world of good...i just want to see them fall nehind and then run out of time to catch up

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
all good replies...

as i said,,,we need to pull it out our ASSES...

lets hope we learned a lesson against the cowboys that we should have learned the week befor...

our last 20 minutes was the best football played by any team this year. lets hope we realise what fire pawer we really have,,not many of us get a second chance the following week to prove we learned our lesson

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
mate if we bring those last 20 mins of that game yesterday and play like that for the full 80 next week im confident we can win

H

Hazmak

We need to SCORE FIRST!!!!

We haven't scored first for the past 6 halves of footy! Its ****ing ridiculous!

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
make that 4 Hazmak,,
and im sure if we made it public,,,more people would sign it than not

P.M.

Ban Ned
Reaction score
Anything happens to Thurston...All mambers on this forum soepenaed whatever that word is when u gotta go to court

EDIT: Its subpena: an order of the court for a witness to appear at a particular time and place to testify and/or produce documents in the control of the witness

lol im bored

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ill put it this way

I back the boyz 100% - I have faith that we have the ABILITY to win the big one. But i dont believe we are consistent enough to do so.

Ill put it this way - If we win the GF and they dont realease a season highlights DVD -i would not be suprised one bit

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
Anything happens to Thurston...All mambers on this forum soepenaed whatever that word is when u gotta go to court
its best to regret something you did,,
rather than something you didnt...

i'll take my chances with the legal system and a good pair of bolt cutters

P.M.

Ban Ned
Reaction score
Something to make you all feel better:

Imagine You were a Tigers fan for 1 sec

We have more than a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.