Oprah THIS, Oprah THAT !

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And most of it is done in the public eye so that everyone can see just how 'charitable' she is. Hansta, your friend Moe who has inside info has done a runner, can you kindly find out what the gifts are and then post on here :D
Yeah I don't get all the Oprah Mania tbh... The Images I saw on the news this morning on how a particular woman was acting are just stupid to say the least.

Im going tonight. Im sooooooo excited. What did they play most of? lol hahah give details, i dont know anyone else that went!
It was amasing, the stage, The lighting, The Edge, Bono it was great.
They sang a mix of their old songs and some new ones.. from The Joshua Tree, to Actung Baby..the even sang 2 hearts from the album War which was didcated to Bob Geldof I think....
If you're a fan you would love it.,

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I literally died at the LP concert. One of the best performances i have seen in years. I was right at the front and was able to get a hug from Chester.

I'm sure U2 was a killer concert also. I like their old music, not so much the new collaborations though.
Yeah LP was awsome... I still have bon Jovi to go and Santana next year.

Oh and Lionel Richi (Just quitley)

parragirl01

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It was amasing, the stage, The lighting, The Edge, Bono it was great.
They sang a mix of their old songs and some new ones.. from The Joshua Tree, to Actung Baby..the even sang 2 hearts from the album War which was didcated to Bob Geldof I think....
If you're a fan you would love it.,
Sounds so good. You're geeing me up so much! Im a huge U2 fan, i just wish they could sing for longer because apparently theyre only out there from 8:45 to 10:00 pm. :( How was the atmosphere? Ive never been to a concert in a stadium other than when i was overseas so i can imagine it would have been amazing

hahha are you going Lionel Ritchie. TG you luckyyyyyyyyyyyyyy thing. Wish i was :(

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Yeah LP was awsome... I still have bon Jovi to go and Santana next year.

Oh and Lionel Richi (Just quitley)
nothing wrong with Lionel, top performer! I could go to Bon Jovi as my cousin has spare tickets but fail too busy :(

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Did they play Hold Me Thril Me Kiss Me, TG?

The only real U2 song I liked lol

parragirl01

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
nothing wrong with Lionel, top performer! I could go to Bon Jovi as my cousin has spare tickets but fail too busy :(
WTF. Make time for Bon Jovi, you are on crack if you dont go! Out of 365 days in a year for them to come they choose the 3 days that im going to be in QLD and i cant go to the one in Brisbane because its on right before i get there. Im spewing so much, i love Bon Jovi :(

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds so good. You're geeing me up so much! Im a huge U2 fan, i just wish they could sing for longer because apparently theyre only out there from 8:45 to 10:00 pm. :( How was the atmosphere? Ive never been to a concert in a stadium other than when i was overseas so i can imagine it would have been amazing

hahha are you going Lionel Ritchie. TG you luckyyyyyyyyyyyyyy thing. Wish i was :(
Atmosphere was electric.. 60000 screaming fans, yet you could still hear the band clearly. and the stage was dynamic.

Just curious Parragirl, how old are you?

parragirl01

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Atmosphere was electric.. 60000 screaming fans, yet you could still hear the band clearly. and the stage was dynamic.

Just curious Parragirl, how old are you?
22 lol haha, do i sound 12 because of the way im carrying on about U2?

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
btw, when I say most expensive gift in oprah show history, its overall not for the specific item. as 6000 people will prob be getting one

mikey_mtp

Kennel Established
Reaction score
holy ****, apparently oprah donated A MILLION DOLLARS to canterbury boys and gave them all laptops. OH ****, CANTERBURY BOYS FTW... WOOOO!!!

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
22 lol haha, do i sound 12 because of the way im carrying on about U2?
No actually, before I thought you were about 17 - 18
but now I thought you were older like 25+ you hardly find any 22 years old appreciating music like U2 and Lionel Richi...
Most of today's youth are into that pollution called Gaga

@nchorman

Channel 4 News!
Reaction score
but now I thought you were older like 25+ you hardly find any 22 years old appreciating music like U2 and Lionel Richi...
Gaga is rubbish. Wynter Gordon is the sheeet! though her face is terrible to look at

parragirl01

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nah i've always had different taste. Even in high school while everyone was cranking up 50 cent i was into UB40, Lionel, Stevie Wonder and basically anything old. Why, how old are you?

and lol dogs oh 10, i do not sound 16 :P

mikey_mtp

Kennel Established
Reaction score
SUCKED IN TO ALL THE OTHER RUBBISH SCHOOLS IN SYDNEY. OPRAH LOVES CANTERBURY BOYS. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:party: :boldred: :party: :boldred:

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
Doesn't the gubbermint give everyone laptops these days?

Moodey

Unknown
Reaction score
SUCKED IN TO ALL THE OTHER RUBBISH SCHOOLS IN SYDNEY. OPRAH LOVES CANTERBURY BOYS. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:party: :boldred: :party: :boldred:
That's ridiculous. There are schools in rural areas which are understaffed and under-resourced who deserve that kind of money. A million dollars will definitely not raise the standard at that school but it sure would have helped a rural area. No disrespect to your old school.

Status
Not open for further replies.