Open letter to my beloved Bulldogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
Dear Doggies players, coach and staff.

At half time today, I was still not impressed, while our defense was good, I still did not see that type of footy that will get us though the finals and into the Big One.

The second half confirmed my fears. I have (and always will) supported you though this and every past season since the time of my birth. I sat on the now Terry Lamb Family Hill and watched the greats of this club play some fantastic footy, and at times not so fantastic footy. But I was there, waving my blue and white flag my mother made for me. My mum, dad and I, along with my bros' and siss' had to endure poor ground amenities in those early years, before the league got its act together and made a standard for patrons to enjoy. I have been there to defend this club to the hilt when we were branded rapists and cheats, with my very being if needed.

Then, as the seasons progressed, I entered an apprenticeship, found that special girl, got married and raised my own kids as Bulldogs Supporters. They too now watch me suffer every loss, celebrate every win, and they don't have any problems when it comes to birthdays, Xmas etc... I always get a Doggies pressie. At the beginning of this season, I wrote on this site that I only wanted one thing from this club, and that was consistency. However, I was looking for a little bit more. I wanted a season that I could sit and enjoy, cheer loud, get disappointed when we lost the close one, enjoy the times when we won that tight encounter.

But this season, what I got was disappointment in our attitude, our style, our discipline. What I got was another season of 'head shaking'. I continue to wonder why. We have a top line coach, we have a great facility for the players to train, we have a great team and a great CEO to guide us. But why don't we have a great attitude when it is time to playing footy???

Today's effort was second rate, and not deserving of an NRL team. All I want from my team, my beloved Bulldogs, is a group of players who want to play for that bloke standing next to him. I want my players to run out onto the footy field, and see my fellow supporters in their colours, waving their flags and banners. They are there to support YOU in your efforts. They want to be entertained, not disappointed. I only get to be at one or two games a year, and I was there last week at the Souths game. I saw an effort there, but left the ground wondering...

So, I ask you this. Do you want to play footy for this great club??? Do you want to represent your Club, your family and friends, and your supporters???? But most importantly, do you want to represent yourself ?? Do you have self belief??? Do you have integrity in our own performance??? If not, there are players in the club that would love to have your position in the side, there are players ready to do their best. So please, just for a small portion of this week, while you train to defeat the Storm, just consider that there are thousands of people out there who follow your every move, listen to every word, and will follow you into the gates of hell if needed.

I love this club, I love each and every player that has pulled on the famous blue and white. But please, just for four games, give me a season to be proud of, because at this moment, my pride is sorely lacking..

Go the mighty Bulldogs.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, I ask you this. Do you want to play footy for this great club??? Do you want to represent your Club, your family and friends, and your supporters???? But most importantly, do you want to represent yourself ?? Do you have self belief??? Do you have integrity in our own performance??? If not, there are players in the club that would love to have your position in the side, there are players ready to do their best. So please, just for a small portion of this week, while you train to defeat the Storm, just consider that there are thousands of people out there how follow your every move, listen to every word, and will follow you into the gates of hell if needed.
Not that i don't love the passion my man but the modern NRL player only plays for $$$

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Underlying issues, Im trying to do my bit, but maybe I need some help.
Everyone is upset, we should of held our lead, a young side sometimes fails to defend for the 80 after making a start, lets hope they remember this.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
You know Guardy I left CBus Stadium today a Titans fan ( sort of ) because Minichello and co had a real dig , something is horribly wrong and there were thousands of Bulldogs fans who , again , left the ground very disappointed . Did you see the move Tolman put on in the first half and put Thompson into a gap ? The skills are there - but wheres the effort ? ****ed if I know

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Very well written mate. Agree with everything said.

I think what frustrates us all is that there doesn't seem to be a plan or goal at all with the Bulldogs. Everything we do is reactive - whether it's recruitment, game plans, etc.

Some examples that come to mind are below:

- We let Barba go with no replacement in sight now for over a year.
- We let Carter go to the Titans for us to let Ennis go anyway a year later.
- Nearly signed Fifita even though we're more than okay up front and were without a Fullback.

Where does the club see itself in 3 years?

We're supposed to be in that sweet spot some clubs are lucky to get 2-3 times a decade, and we've wasted it.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
They knew they were in the top 8 regardless, it wasn't sudden death footy, they played within themselves without putting their bodies on the line except for maybe graham an Thompson, but titans had nothing to lose and played to win. next week it will be different ball game, and result

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It plain to see that us fans care more about the club than these imposters posing as first graders excl tolman, jj and jammer.
we cry and wait all weekend to watch our club play and these guys dish that out
it was all attitude
the titans roster was pathetic compared to ours
the players have got no clue and were up on the coast holidaying

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
It's just footy, if u can't hack it, be happy that u don't support the eels, or sharks, or go jump on the roosters bandwagon and support them otherwise harden up, you gotta take lows with the highs

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looks like wev been taking alot more lows than highs
cant remember the last high its been that long

holbi

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
Personally, I blame the pathetic coaching. This team has nothing, is not a threat in attack and has a pretty poor defence. There is only one person who has a say in this team's attitude and that's Hasler and he obviously isn't doing f all because we're getting the same shit every week.
At least next Sunday when the Storm flog them I can forget this rabble for the few months of summer. Time enough to talk myself into thinking they have a chance in 2015.

Kayser

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not that i don't love the passion my man but the modern NRL player only plays for $$$
They're catered for too much these days. I bet there's a guy employed by the club who's job it is to go around and burp every player after they've had a feed.
They expect too much. Look at Ennis, 'I want a long term contract like Cameron Smith'.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They're catered for too much these days. I bet there's a guy employed by the club who's job it is to go around and burp every player after they've had a feed.
They expect too much. Look at Ennis, 'I want a long term contract like Cameron Smith'.
It is easy for us to look at it like that.

But if i had the ability to play NRL I would want my fair share of cash as well.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
All we can do is cross our fingers and hope they give it a red hot go for the rest of the finals.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All we can do is cross our fingers and hope they give it a red hot go for the rest of the finals.
What we've resorted to is "hoping" that we show up in Sept....so sad.
It's SEPTEMBER FFS....hope should have nothing to do with it, we should just KNOW that the team will show up ready to fight to min every minute of the game, every week expecting to win.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What we've resorted to is "hoping" that we show up in Sept....so sad.
It's SEPTEMBER FFS....hope should have nothing to do with it, we should just KNOW that the team will show up ready to fight to min every minute of the game, every week expecting to win.
Our team is short on talent, especially in attack. IMO we will be much better next season. I don't think we will beat the Storm. But i think it will be much like the Souths game. We will make them work hard for the win. Nothing wrong with that, the Storm are a great team with 3 all-time greats in their line-up. Who are 3 of the best 5-10 players in the comp. We need to be better than yesterday though.

Status
Not open for further replies.