Only in Lebanon would this happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Orange color ruins Lebanon wedding!
Wednesday, 29 November, 2006 @ 6:10 PM

Zahleh- A wedding celebration has ended in a fistfight between the families of the groom and the bride over orange flower decorations, Al Akhbar newspaper reported Tuesday.

It said that when the bride's parents arrived at the church in the town of Rhit in Zahleh, east of Lebanon, they were shocked to see the altar and benches decorated with orange flowers.

Orange is the symbol of Christian General Michel Aoun's Free Patriotic Movement, an ally of the pro-Syrian Hezbollah organization.

The newspaper said that the groom's father, who is a supporter of Aoun, wanted the decoration to represent the group's color code.

It said the bride's parents, who are followers of a movement that belongs to the anti-Syrian ruling majority, were angered by the daring move. The paper did not say to which group the bride's parents belonged.

It said priests worked hard to settle the dispute and church ceremonies went ahead despite the "tense climate."

However, the "greatest catastrophe" was reported at the restaurant in the nearby town of Anjar where orange flowers dominated the scene, the newspaper said.

It said the bride's parents, who hadn't overcome their first chock, refused to enter the dinner hall.

It said fruitless mediations to reconcile the two families ended in a fistfight, where insults were traded and flying chairs were showered at each other, according to Al Akhbar.

The daily said army troops stepped in to disperse the crowd.

The story ended when the groom tucked his bride in a car and sped off to escape their parents' political wrangling, it said.

Source: Naharnet

So^Yeah

JMJ
Reaction score
thats funny but in a sad way.... lol at lebos!im surprised the bride and grrom didnt start their own punch up too ! ohhh thats till after their honeymoon.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sad really.

I wouldnt turn a wedding political, but starting an argument over it is childish.

You'd think they wouldve known their political stances before they got married

Maza

Reaction score
talabo eyde min zahleh, olt la fakir 3ala mahle :D Couldn't help myself :grinning:

Man that's... that's... What do you call that? Sad but amusing?! Argh. Poor couple, I would have hit the run too :o

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Sad really.

I wouldnt turn a wedding political, but starting an argument over it is childish.

You'd think they wouldve known their political stances before they got married
i think the bride & groomwould know, but it's the parents who are to blame, they dont think...that generation is so stubborn

man u cant even marry from ur own village these days without having to worry about political allegiances. sad though

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
talabo eyde min zahleh, olt la fakir 3ala mahle :D Couldn't help myself :grinning:

Man that's... that's... What do you call that? Sad but amusing?! Argh. Poor couple, I would have hit the run too :o
lol i remember that song, good call :D

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
LMAO... ive heard similar stories about lebo weddings here in Oz!

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
LMAO... ive heard similar stories about lebo weddings here in Oz!
lebs are embarassing man. no matter where u put them theyre bound 2 cause a problem out of nothing and spoil an important celebration like a wedding :D

So^Yeah

JMJ
Reaction score
listn to this true story.... my cuz was meant to get married a day before christmas.... her husband to be comes to her house 2 days before the wedding and tells her "i cant go to our wedding because i have work that day" WTF!

man guys can b dumb sometimes... is that even an exuse???

and so yeah she told him to pi$$ off

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
listn to this true story.... my cuz was meant to get married a day before christmas.... her husband to be comes to her house 2 days before the wedding and tells her "i cant go to our wedding because i have work that day" WTF!

LMAO... wtf?!?!! What a dropkick.. did she leave him?

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score

wat a mustool, but more importantly was he orange with aoun or red for geagea lol :D

nah serious that's slack poor girl, & what the hell work???? take a sickie

So^Yeah

JMJ
Reaction score
LMAO... wtf?!?!! What a dropkick.. did she leave him?
yer my uncle full told him off and kicked him out of the house... lol man if tht was my husbnd to be ufffffft id be full cut, its like ok if u have lame excuses on ur wedding day whats in store for after marriage??????

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
yer my uncle full told him off and kicked him out of the house... lol man if tht was my husbnd to be ufffffft id be full cut, its like ok if u have lame excuses on ur wedding day whats in store for after marriage??????
Maybe the bloke just had cold feet about his wedding day and wanted to push the date forward.. he couldnt have been that karked could he? :confused:

So^Yeah

JMJ
Reaction score
Maybe the bloke just had cold feet about his wedding day and wanted to push the date forward.. he couldnt have been that karked could he? :confused:
mate 4 yrs togther and hes only getting older n not younger.. no excuse is going to be a good enough excuse...

So^Yeah

JMJ
Reaction score
wat a mustool, but more importantly was he orange with aoun or red for geagea lol :D

nah serious that's slack poor girl, & what the hell work???? take a sickie
enta with ur aoun and geagea... lol i like blue.... is any of them represnting the colour blue??

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
mate 4 yrs togther and hes only getting older n not younger.. no excuse is going to be a good enough excuse...
I guess that poses the Q of wtf was she doing with him for 4 years? lol.... didnt she notice signs of karkedness b4 the wedding? :p

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
the punch up yes i understand but the wedding itself :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.