One does not simply...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
... eat bbq ribs with a knife and fork.

i dont care what side of town you reside from, its impossible to get all the meat off without picking it up with your fingers & sucking the bone dry. otherwise youre just wasting your time.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree.

You can tell a lot about a person just on how they eat meat.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Love juicy, thick and saucy spare ribs, yum yum.Sacrilege to NOT eat them by picking them up with your fingers. Best part is licking all the sauce of your fingers and stripping the bones bare.

What sort of ribs are your favourite, what type of rib sauce...mild or spicy?

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Love juicy, thick and saucy spare ribs, yum yum.Sacrilege to NOT eat them by picking them up with your fingers. Best part is licking all the sauce of your fingers and stripping the bones bare.

just your classic bbq sauce. and pork is my fave.

the way i lick my fingers after a feast, youd think i never got fed. lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I ate ribs once with a fork and knife at Hooters because i didn't wanna get BBQ sauce all over my sausage..

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pizza is also a must to eat with your hands.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
its impossible to get the meat off without picking it up with your fingers & sucking the bone dry. otherwise youre just wasting your time.
See and this is what I keep telling my wife ALL THE DAMN TIME .... and yet she never listens.

annnd pretty sure that punch in the arm she just gave me will leave a bruise.

OOOooooohhhh we are talking about Ribs... my bad ..

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
the best ribs ive ever had were from the safari club in tamworth

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Baby back ribs (Pork ribs) are easily the best. The sauce depends on my mood. A good brown sugar sauce with apple cider vinegar and a slight kick goes well. The real trick is to cook the ribs with a good rub on them (spice rub) and only start bathing them in sauce near the end when you've reduced the heat and/or wrapped them in foil to prevent the sugar from burning. Then you can mop on that good BBQ sauce.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't like ribs.
I like the taste, it's just too much effort for minimal reward.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I ate ribs once with a fork and knife at Hooters because i didn't wanna get BBQ sauce all over my sausage..
Why sir, what exactly do you mean , you cheeky young thing? (Hey that rhymes)

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Baby back ribs (Pork ribs) are easily the best. The sauce depends on my mood. A good brown sugar sauce with apple cider vinegar and a slight kick goes well. The real trick is to cook the ribs with a good rub on them (spice rub) and only start bathing them in sauce near the end when you've reduced the heat and/or wrapped them in foil to prevent the sugar from burning. Then you can mop on that good BBQ sauce.
Oh yeah, yummy! Making me dribble with anticipation( and that is why you wear a bib when you eat ribs!)
I find it is so much better when you prepare your own rib sauce, not many of the bottled ones work well I think.
Like this one made of sweet chilli sauce, ketchup, ground ginger and brown sugar.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh yeah, yummy! Making me dribble with anticipation( and that is why you wear a bib when you eat ribs!)
I find it is so much better when you prepare your own rib sauce, not many of the bottled ones work well I think.
Like this one made of sweet chilli sauce, ketchup, ground ginger and brown sugar.
Yep. Home made sauce is always the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.