News One big missing piece of the puzzle for Canterbury Bulldogs, Andrew Johns says

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very good point bazildog.

Then we can move avo to 6 where he can concentrate on being an attacking weapon

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Pinger was quoted as saying that he felt like he had more time than other players and felt he was a step ahead of them.

No doubt he was a great player, but for all we know he could have been on the gear his entire career.

And if it made him play the game better, it sounds like the E was a performance enhancing drug and therefore illegal.

But as you pointed out, he went his whole career without getting busted for it.

His drug use whilst playing only came to light after he retired.
Debate Page poster always said he was on the gear tho.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pinger was quoted as saying that he felt like he had more time than other players and felt he was a step ahead of them.

No doubt he was a great player, but for all we know he could have been on the gear his entire career.

And if it made him play the game better, it sounds like the E was a performance enhancing drug and therefore illegal.

But as you pointed out, he went his whole career without getting busted for it.

His drug use whilst playing only came to light after he retired.
Can you triple dunk and post a video of yourself kicking a footy? Just to confirm it’s performing enhancing, thanks

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you triple dunk and post a video of yourself kicking a footy? Just to confirm it’s performing enhancing, thanks
Lol.

Anyone who has had a pinger knows they are not performance enhancing. It’s the opposite actually. You go on a downer for most of the next week so it would have affected his training.

The drug thing was so over blown. I am from Newy and have met him a few times. I know a few of his mates. He would get on the pingers after games maybe 2 or 3 times a year. That’s it.

He is not much of a bloke in the times I have met him so I am by no means sticking up for him. Just putting to bed bullshit quotes that he was drugged up his entire career.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol.

Anyone who has had a pinger knows they are not performance enhancing. It’s the opposite actually. You go on a downer for most of the next week so it would have affected his training.

The drug thing was so over blown. I am from Newy and have met him a few times. I know a few of his mates. He would get on the pingers after games maybe 2 or 3 times a year. That’s it.

He is not much of a bloke in the times I have met him so I am by no means sticking up for him. Just putting to bed bullshit quotes that he was drugged up his entire career.
Yep, bottom line is if Johns was taking pingers during his career it only makes his achievements more impressive. Theres plenty more people to dislike in the NRL.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's looking at a big piece of salary cap mess to offload at Newcastle with Pearce on big money and Klemmer on 800k.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, bottom line is if Johns was taking pingers during his career it only makes his achievements more impressive. Theres plenty more people to dislike in the NRL.
There is an article in the paper today about Kodi Nikorimas young brother and his struggles with drugs and alcohol. He played with roosters and broncs and has signed for Storm next year.

He mentioned that during many nights out with fellow nrl players that it was a common occurrence for players to take recreational drugs. He mentioned something like “I used to see state of origin players go to the toilet for a line and I would think if they can do it so can I “.

It’s far more common than people would like to think.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We also need to make sure we improve 100% in defence! We have leaked points for so many years! Dogs of war won premierships on defence 88 we still won as our defensive style was still evident. 95 we held manly out we grinded the win
04 we held roosters scoreless in second half
Hopefully being known as one of the top defensive units again starts early next year

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Dudes fried , he wouldn’t know if he had his mothers muff on his head

Waldo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I want to see Averillo at FB and wakeham at 7
Freddy rates Wakeham so there’s that untapped potential that we don’t all see
Plus every year he has been an option it’s been in and out of first grade which makes it hard to string performances together

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol.

yep..but never let the facts get in the way of an overblown story(some gossipists probably have them still doing pills in the green room prior to match of the round lol)..i also reckon he is maybe a fair bit of a DH irl but these things go way too far.
Casual drugs are a way of life for a lot of cashed up "'successful" people Walsh just proved it's as rife as ever in society today.I reckon their massive dickheads for indulging but the numbers doing same are huge i bet.