Once in a while....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
how about once in a while we try to kick the ball on the last tackle?, the idea is to catch the opposition off guard because they would expecting us to run it

tbh i dont understand this move when it happens so many times during the game, it must be planned ffs, an extension of the stab chip with no contest to play percentages and make the opposition work it off their line? thats the only thing i can think of

yes im on the disgruntled with the last tackle options bandwagon:sleepy:

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Tell that to Hokko, he tries to pass it or gets held up on the last tackle instead of kicking it sigh

Lahurricane

Waterboy
Reaction score
because he has no kicking game unless the ball is on a freaking kicking T LOL

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I miss Sherwin :(... may have to watch my 04 season highlights DVD soon.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
how about once in a while we try to kick the ball on the last tackle?, the idea is to catch the opposition off guard because they would expecting us to run it

tbh i dont understand this move when it happens so many times during the game, it must be planned ffs, an extension of the stab chip with no contest to play percentages and make the opposition work it off their line? thats the only thing i can think of

yes im on the disgruntled with the last tackle options bandwagon:sleepy:
you have to know how to kick 1st.
go watch all the games we play, not one player in our team knows how to throw a spiral pass for gods sake. they all slow floaters.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
his field goals are fine so how about he just drop kicks trying to get a repeat set

a drop kick grubber/chip?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I miss Sherwin :(... may have to watch my 04 season highlights DVD soon.
I also thought of him during the game tbh. He's still playing and at 37 I think he'd still play better than Hodko.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
you have to know how to kick 1st.
go watch all the games we play, not one player in our team knows how to throw a spiral pass for gods sake. they all slow floaters.
T- Rex has thrown a few

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
our attack was all over the place in the first 20. we were trying to score of every play bit couldn't. our last tackle options were poor to say the least. massive few weeks ahead for us

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
rarely would a kick be high enough for our wingers to put pressure on the opposing player... Hokko must go.

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont remember any contestable bombs going up most of the game. Dragons were able to go through and around us. We played like headless cows.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
rarely would a kick be high enough for our wingers to put pressure on the opposing player... Hokko must go.
I dont remember any contestable bombs going up most of the game. Dragons were able to go through and around us. We played like headless cows.
To me it looks like Hokko isn't physically able to kick a ball that powerful into the air.

Mike_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Coach is to blame. Plain and simple.
Its about time Des is held accountable for our style of play. On paper our team is arguably the best in the competition. Year our over structured boring attack is horrible to watch and is so predictable.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
or put up an attacking bomb

or even a grubber would be refreshing.

Malla

Reaction score
It's clearly a game plan Des came up with. It came off in the second half when JMoz eventually went through to score. I see merit in this strategy, particuarly given the new 7 tackle rule from the 20m tap. The opposing team starts their set from 1st tackle less than 10m out. Execution wasn't there though.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What annoys me most other than our shit kicking game is the fact we always play our sets to get to the final tackle to attack. Problem is it's predictable and as witnessed yesterday, our last tackle options are horrific.

Status
Not open for further replies.