On this day

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bought a massive smile to my face seeing a few touches of Sherwin magic. Not only that but it was nice to see fluent attack and strong support running.

Fuck I hope we resurrect our status as a dominant team next year. Been far too long since I've been excited about watching games.

childofglossop

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thanks for the memories!

I loved this finals series - actually went along to all the games bar this one against Storm, funnily enough.
What a brilliant run to rebound after a huge upset loss to the Cowboys in week 1.

Fast forward 17 years...just imagine tossing the Storm, Panthers and Rorters on the bounce to win the comp?

Gee, those were the days!

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
my single favourite game Shifty ever played for us... Anasta was injured, Thurston off the bench, the pressure of having lost in the first week of the finals as a heavy favourite at home against the Cowboys etc., and Sherwin put us on his back and back on track

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
my single favourite game Shifty ever played for us... Anasta was injured, Thurston off the bench, the pressure of having lost in the first week of the finals as a heavy favourite at home against the Cowboys etc., and Sherwin put us on his back and back on track
one of the Cowboys' coaching staff came up with a plan to beat us (illegally). When they would put up the bomb, 2 of their players would go up for it; 1 to take out our bomb taker & the other to take the bomb & score. This happened 3 times & was later admitted to by the coaching staff.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Shifty aye. Was the glory days alright !!