On that Laundy Money

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1610351758590.jpg

Thommo on that Laundy money now.

Barrett has been given alot of praise for the continued roster overhaul (and rightly so), but my belief is that Arthur Laundy and son may be an even bigger contributor to getting the signatures on the board.
I dont have inside knowledge regarding player salaries but the reported figures of our recent signings is at or below market value. I can only imagine that a hands on approach from people in the money and sage financial advice from the Laundy's has gone a long way to securing quality players at reasonable prices.
Dont need to explain the knock on effect of value for money signings but if we continue in this fashion we will be a force again before too long.

Hip hip hooray for the Laundy's we should be thankful that we have had some outside influence with the best interest of our club at heart, step up and make a commitment to growth and success.

We have been paying overs for years, I dont want to elaborate or insult players but we have been taken for a ride for quite a few years now.
Well strap in kennelers because we are the club thats about to start riding this competition once again.

Extra praise for stepping up when we needed it the most and not waiting until we turned the corner and jumping on the band wagon.

Last edited:

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 20083

Barrett has been given alot of praise for the continued roster overhaul (and rightly so), but my belief is that Arthur Laundy and son may be an even bigger contributor to getting the signatures on the board.
I dont have inside knowledge regarding player salaries but the reported figures of our recent signings is at or below market value. I can only imagine that a hands on approach from people in the money and sage financial advice from the Laundy's has gone a long way to securing quality players at reasonable prices.
Dont need to explain the knock on effect of value for money signings but if we continue in this fashion we will be a force again before too long.

Hip hip hooray for the Laundy's we should be thankful that we have had some outside influence with the best interest of our club at heart, step up and make a commitment to growth and success.

We have been paying overs for years, I dont want to elaborate or insult players but we have been taken for a ride for quite a few years now.
Well strap in kennelers because we are the club thats about to start riding this competition once again.

Extra praise for for stepping up when we needed it the most and not waiting until we turned the corner and jumping on the band wagon.
I fully agree with you it all seem to start happening when Laundy came on board, I think Uncle Arthur is our answer to Uncle Nick & I'm extatic

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 20083

Extra praise for for stepping up when we needed it the most and not waiting until we turned the corner and jumping on the band wagon.
Bloke in a Bar........very suave!

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I fully agree with you it all seem to start happening when Laundy came on board, I think Uncle Arthur is our answer to Uncle Nick & I'm extatic
Thats my take on things mate and some may be critical that they have been too vocal with talk of walking away if there were board and/or coaching changes. But the continued commitment speaks volumes.
I think most of all they want to maintain an inside influence because they have confidence they can effect positive change.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Thommos skin has started to see the sun for the first time in his life!
A summer of exposure to uv 13+ can only make the man harder which makes me harder.
The length of suspension is dubious hopefully he comes back hungry

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A summer of exposure to uv 13+ can only make the man harder which makes me harder.

Anyone know if trials will count towards the suspension?

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats for sure!
Man I crack up every time I read your signature too. Pure gold from Jim.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 20083

Extra praise for stepping up when we needed it the most and not waiting until we turned the corner and jumping on the band wagon.
I totally agree with all that you are saying my friend.

WE'RE BACK BABY!!!

Thank you "UNCLE ARTHUR"

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats my take on things mate and some may be critical that they have been too vocal with talk of walking away if there were board and/or coaching changes. But the continued commitment speaks volumes.
I think most of all they want to maintain an inside influence because they have confidence they can effect positive change.
I wonder if some of the talk of walking away has been deliberate. If the Laundy's are helping us out then right now they're not doing it as an official sponsor which makes it the ideal 3rd part agreement that doesn't count under the cap.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t think Laundy is really having that big of an effect on recruiting just yet. For mine it’s having a full cap and Tbaz being able to sell the joint better than a dodgy second hand car dealer with those potential players taking it hook line and sinker. Getting that first domino (Cotric) to fall was huge and now others are following. We are well on the way to being a destination club again.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Trials don't count against games suspended, so logically Thompson should be able to play in any games that don't count.
NRL, as always the want the cake and eat it too brigade

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Really feels like we are starting to get rid of the loser stench out of the club, we have all been waiting a long time for that to happen and its been a long road, Bring on round one.
Bloody oath maroon! Can't wait