On compo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had an incident at work yesterday.

I was walking down the stairs at work (job site) and a timber wasnt nailed in properly. I stepped on it, it slipped and down i went. 8 steps to be exact.

Doc doesnt wanna do an x-ray until the swelling goes down.

Im on compo atm and its the first time ive ever been on it. But funnily enough, i h8 it. its good not going to work and still getting paid but being hurt sux.

Anyone ever been on compensation?

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Compo is the stuff dreams are made of. May my time come.

C

Cookie^Monstah

sLeeK iN bLuE said:

I was walking down the stairs at work (job site) and a timber wasnt nailed in properly. I stepped on it, it slipped and down i went. 8 steps to be exact.

Im on compo atm and its the first time ive ever been on it. But funnily enough, i h8 it. its good not going to work and still getting paid but being hurt sux.

get well soon dude! :grinning:

i havent, no1 in my family has. Though i knew a guy that claimed compo when he had a car accident cos he was speeding and claimed it was on his way back from work. He got the money....dunno if he got a job after that though. it does hurt your employment opportunity's in the future because employers are unsure if you'll do it again and cost them $$$.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
I should have been on it a few years ago cos I slipped and sprained my ankle whilst working as a Foot Courier around town...But I am not the sort of person that simply sits on her rear end and watches Days of our Lives...

I have better things to do than that (and I hate soapies anyways)...

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My dad went on compo about 10 years ago. He was a shopping centre manager and was turning on the airconditioning unit when the whole thing blew up and pushed him down 18 concrete stairs. He broke his ankle which eventually resulted in him getting arthritis in his ankle later on. He was off work for about 3 months or so (cant really remember I was only young).

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im not proud to be on it its just that i cant work and its not my fault.

So i think im entitled to it.

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the shop keepers where my dad works went to the electicity box of his shop once to change a fuse or something and he ended up getting electricuted. It was really bad and all his skin melted and now he has severe scaring all over his body. He nearly lost his life but I'm not sure if he was entitled to compo as it was his own shop and he was at fault.

A

atomic_crimson

oh i love reading compo cases that come through my work... so many people trying to rort it!

anyways hopes ya get better1

Man Hater

B good or B good at it
Reaction score
just cause your getting compo atm it doesnt mean you will have problems getting employment later its only when you recieve a lump sum payment!! its just until you are fit for work so dont worry about it they have to pay you no matter what!!

Wolfpac

4 Life
Reaction score
as i was working on a car putting a system in, was using a stanley knife to cut something and it slipped and went straight in to the palm of my hand, cut straight to the bone.

was on compo for about 2 weeks, playstation 2 kept me ocupied back then :p

also afew weeks ago broke my hand playing soccer, took a week off to go to doctors appoitments and stuff, time off sucked, as it was boring as... no playstation this time around :(

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
sLeeK iN bLuE said:

I used to work in a factory on a rubber mill (Too hard to explain what i did)
I was using a press to cut sheets of rubber, when i made it id insert kevlar and fabric it was tough so id use a gillotine, there wasnt a guard on the gillotine and my hand got caught under a big mteal plate that holds the fabric down so it doesnt slip, luckily i was given new gloves that day, they were a steel covered glove, so my hand got squashed a little but no broken bones, it hurt though

Bulldogs50

Justin..
Reaction score
problem is the money sucks if you stay on it for too long.. after 6 months its shi*

Status
Not open for further replies.