Status
Not open for further replies.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,15191460-23214,00.html

By Dean Ritchie
May 6, 2005

THE Bulldogs' self-imposed ban on speaking with two Sydney newspapers filtered through to players last night, with prop Mark O'Meley saying: "I've been instructed by my employer not to say anything to you."

Bulldogs players, coaching staff and officials are refusing to conduct any interviews with The Daily Telegraph and The Sunday Telegraph after conflict between the club and columnist Rebecca Wilson.

Keith Allen, managing director of Bulldogs' major sponsors, Mitsubishi Electric, yesterday did not want to comment on the media ban.

The marketing manager of Auto Shop - the club's sleeve sponsor - was however prepared to be quoted.

"We are not perturbed. We tend to have a policy that we don't involve ourselves in administration issues," said Mark Johnson.

"We take a fairly benign role."

But when asked was he concerned at a potential lack of coverage in newspapers of the Bulldogs jumper, Johnson said: "There could be concern if there was any impact of visibility - just as much for the club's sake than ours."

NRL chief executive David Gallop in known to be angry with the ban and has spoken to Bulldogs chief executive Malcolm Noad.

Bulldogs chairman and former Test hooker George Peponis said the ban had not been discussed at board level but he was supporting the club's stance.

Dog-E

Purebreed
Reaction score
Club sponsors is the ONLY issue here!

But I really fdon't see how this affects them - Visibility is still HIGH on TV for them - Pay and free-to-air - and ESPECIALLY at the ground!...And it's well documented we are experiencinfg REORD caverage crowd figure sthis season!

Let's be honest - those are the ONLY places u EVER hear about the sponsors!....When's the last time someone asked u who u supported - and u said "Oh, I support the Mistsubishi-Electirc Bulldogs actually!....Or Rebecca Wilson said in one of her (f)articles - "The Auto-Group sleeve-sponsored Bulldogs officials were seen in Afghaninstan last week, meeting with Osama Bin Laden in a secret takeover bid!..."

It doesn't work like that - NEVER - that's when!!!!...Unless youre freakin' MENTAL!!!

Therefore - Carry on and fight the power Mr. Noad!...U have the backing of the ridiculously VAST majority of Bulldogs - and other NRL - supporters!

WE SHALL NOT - WE SHALL NOT - WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED!!!!

DJ1

Ninjadillo
Reaction score
Is that the best they can do?

Why, wouldn't you print a story about the what the fans of rugby league think of Mr Noads stance?

Why?

Because the vast majority support Malcolm Noad media ban against gutter journalism.

Last edited:

steve_mortimer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why Bec Wilson is a smart woman....

Ms. Wilson KNEW she would create a stir by going ahead and digging up the Coffs rubbish again. She KNEW it would upset the Dogs and get a reaction like this. She KNEW people would start talking about it again as we have for the past week. She KNEW it would keep her name in the headlines for a while. She KNEW there would be plenty of yards to be gained for the paper out of this.

That Coffs girl from my understanding had poor a poor alibi, her story for FULL of lies and errors and the Dogs were cleared. Simple as that.

Bec Wilson is only dredging this up to get her name in lights and get people talking.

Sad really.

bdogfan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pathetic actually...........ask the thousands of female dogs supporters at the next home game what they think of her article

Good comment Steve

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
enoughsaid said:
Mark O'Meley saying: "I've been instructed by my employer not to say anything to you."

that is music to my ears :p

JSL

Doggies FTW
Reaction score
You know what have surprised me.. is that fairfax have not jumped on and twist the dagger into news limited..

mickey83

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
don't know what she was proving with this story. If David Gallop and the nrl had any brains they would see how much this not only affects one of their teams but rugby league as a whole. All the people ive spoken to about this issue are not blaming bulldog players for what DIDN'T happen but league players as a whole. If i was the nrl i would also put a media ban on all clubs and if any where caught talking to news limited fine them because the game has worked so hard to fix their image and it takes one person who was proberly drunk to undo all of the hard work.

DJ1

Ninjadillo
Reaction score
JSL said:
You know what have surprised me.. is that fairfax have not jumped on and twist the dagger into news limited..
They are staying away because if this works. Bans against the media will occur more frequently from all clubs.

BumAcid

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of Mr Noads goals this year was to develop a better relationship with the media. I'm glad he's changed his mind! IMHO, The tele is just a Jerry Springer show in print. It's no longer a credible source of serious news. Banning players talking to news Lmtd is a positive step.

As for sponsorship I don't really see it being an issue. How often did you see the Auto Group, Mitsubishi Electric logos in the paper anyway? In support of Mr Noad WE SHOULD ALL WEAR OUR JUMPERS TODAY

>iTs A dOgG LyF<

.aka. DoG4LyFe
Reaction score
you are a legend Noadsey, it is about time someone took a stand against the telecrap

Christabella

Reaction score
LMAO Thats one of the funniest things I have read in that paper, a whole article about people refusing to help him write his article!

Oh dear, this reminds me of the MR X episode of the Simpsons, Homer hasn't got anything bad to write about because everyone refuses to talk to him so he makes up even crazier accusations ... I can just see the Smellygraph writers doing this.

BumAcid

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok.....tomorrow as well! :grinning: All weekend! wear your jumper, people! Show your support!

JSL

Doggies FTW
Reaction score
All you banner people start making Supporter NOAD banners for the next home game!!!

Maybe start new thread for Noad Flag Ideas!!!!

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
nah i got a banner.. DOGS AGAINST TELECRAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.