Old school Berries/Bulldogs league players

FiloAzkal77

New Pup
Reaction score
Any old school rugby league players from Canterbury Berries/Bulldogs players from
the 60s to the 90s era that you went to school with in the past.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not 60s to 90s but I went to school with Tom Kirk

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ewww Warriors fan. Yuck yuck yuck yuck :mask:

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was in the same year at High School (Birrong Boys) and played club cricket (Birrong Sports) with Greg Barwick around 1980-84. Steve Folkes used to come to Birrong as a relief PE teacher sometimes as well. The Headmaster was John Muggleton's father so a few of the great Parra players of that era were there now and then also, much to the disgust of us doggies fans ha ha.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I went to Bankstown Boys High. I was in the same year as Ken Israel, who played lower grades for us when we were the Berries.

Ron “Corky” Harmer was 2 years behind me. He played lower grades with us.

Steve Bowden who was involved in that famous fight with Mark Broadhurst in the Newtown V Manly Semi Final in 1981, was in the year behind me. We all knew not to pick on Bowden even though he was younger.

incidentally the touch judge who tried to break up that fight, was Ian McCall who was a Science Teacher at the school. Seen that Stoush on Fox replays countless times.

Last edited:

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eddie Burns lived at Forster sent a few players to the club from group 3

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My cuz played u23s and reserve grade, so as a very young kid I got to meet Baa, Turvey, Cement, Langmack, Pottsey, Folksey, I do remember Ross Conlon coming out nude, fair dinkum could have hit a golf ball off the ground with it.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
My cuz played u23s and reserve grade, so as a very young kid I got to meet Baa, Turvey, Cement, Langmack, Pottsey, Folksey, I do remember Ross Conlon coming out nude, fair dinkum could have hit a golf ball off the ground with it.
I used to see Ross Conlon at Bankstown Indoor Cricket every now and then. Good bloke. His son Ben went to Uni when I worked there. I remember Ross kicking a goal from 10 metres inside his own half at the old Sydney Sports Ground. The ball was still rising when it cleared the cross bar.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I used to see Ross Conlon at Bankstown Indoor Cricket every now and then. Good bloke. His son Ben went to Uni when I worked there. I remember Ross kicking a goal from 10 metres inside his own half at the old Sydney Sports Ground. The ball was still rising when it cleared the cross bar.
Biggest kicker ive ever seen, 60m out and clears the cross bar by plenty. Unreal.