Okunbour needs to start next week!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
DWZ offers absolutely nothing on the wing. His carries out of our end have been completely useless since he was moved to the wing. We don't have a single back that can break the line coming out of our own end.
Okunbours ball handling skills can not possibly be worse the DWZ or Holland, and we know he can break a tackle. We need a big tall outside back to help us out of our own end.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
DWZ offers absolutely nothing on the wing. His carries out of our end have been completely useless since he was moved to the wing. We don't have a single back that can break the line coming out of our own end.
Okunbours ball handling skills can not possibly be worse the DWZ or Holland, and we know he can break a tackle. We need a big tall outside back to help us out of our own end.
Is he even in the bubble mate, since being re-instated? I’m not sure, but would have to be to be considered for selection. I take your point though, DWZ has had a shocking year and even two weeks being dropped hasn’t changed much.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The team selections are mind boggling. Meaney is either fullback or not in side. Teams kick high to him and drive him back. From there we get ambushed for the rest of the set.

Jackson is too slow for an edge. Montoya shouldn’t be anywhere near first grade.

Georgealis is a Dud

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is he even in the bubble mate, since being re-instated? I’m not sure, but would have to be to be considered for selection. I take your point though, DWZ has had a shocking year and even two weeks being dropped hasn’t changed much.
Its been 6 or 7 weeks since then so I'd assume so.
DWZ has fallen so far down the pecking order in our club. I can't believe he is in the team. Even Reimis has played better then him in the past few weeks. Even scored tries.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The team selections are mind boggling. Meaney is either fullback or not in side. Teams kick high to him and drive him back. From there we get ambushed for the rest of the set.

Jackson is too slow for an edge. Montoya shouldn’t be anywhere near first grade.

Georgealis is a Dud
Jackson at second row, Montoya/Holland in the team, Meaney on the wing, Lewis in the nrl, tolman touching the ball, hoppa at fullback, omission of reimis, not playing ogden and toomaga for large parts of the season. Putting averillo in and out of the team like a teabag. Should all be questioned. No sane NRL coach can justify these things.

And if it was the let’s see how holland goes to give him a contract or not, it was proven 5 games ago he doesn’t deserve one. Let’s get our best centre back at centre (hoppa) and either put more development time into Meaney or throw avo back there. We aren’t winning again this season. It’s absolutely absurd to keep on running out these muppets. Name the best 17 and that doesn’t include holland, Lewis, montoya no matter how you look at it.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
DWZ isn’t the problem with backs getting out of our end it’s Montoya. He always takes a hit up early in the set and gets no metres plus it’s a terribly slow play the ball that allows the opposition to set their line and tee off on the next runner. It’s kills the entire set if he takes a hit up on tackle 1 or 2.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Someone said in another thread (not that that means much) that he wasnt in the bubble.
Think the Club are just holding out for next year.
I dont understand why after a couple of games George hasnt switched Hopa to centre and Meaney to fullback. I dont know why it wasnt that way when Hopa returned form injury. He is continually out of position when we are on our own line defending or just too slow. Meaney doesnt usually make the tackles in these situations anyway but if its same same, why not strenghen the centres.
If Coggar plays 1 average game, he gets dropped for Lewis who will play 2 average and 2 shit games in a row.
So as for Okunbur making a differance, I really dont care I suppose.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Georgealis is a Dud
I agree.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I know he’s been out of the team for a while but let’s not forget that Okunbor has some of the worst hands in the comp and is a very poor defensive read. He’s not a solution

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Yeah nah, he doesn't need to be in the team.

Who's next, the bloke that sells hotdogs outside Belmore Oval?

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He wants to make up with us move to the forwards bust a gut shed blood