Okunbor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m curious as to what about him comes across as a big bead? I don’t get the vibe watching him on the field at all????
They were referring to the purple monster in the front of his fucking shorts!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Last week the kennel were tearing shreds off him and the week before that , blowing wind up his ..... we have now done a full circle a number of times... Lol @ the kennel.... He is still a kid and some take more time to mature than others... Or he may turn out to be a dud . Far too early to judge either way..

First grade is always a great acid test .
I still think BurgerMan deserves a shot at FG before Idris 2.0

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think he has improved since moving to the wing, the role is simpler and it's probably easier for him to focus on doing what he needs to do from there. Every set he pretty much comes in field to take a carry from our end and that keeps him in the game.

Physically he's great and he doesn't have any that puppy fat that turns into fat fat like other young units coming through. He's a strong ball runner with a handy offload, his top speed looks pretty good while his acceleration looks decent compared to someone like Hoppa.

A lot of his issues look to he mental and down to him just being lazy. Things like not going in hard enough during a tackle, not turning and chasing as quickly as he should, pushing a lazy pass that shouldn't be pushed, etc. If he can fix up these areas of his game and polish up the areas of wing play then we potentially have an Oates like winger on our hands....still has a massive way to go.
That's a great summary - well said

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he’s lqzy in lower grades he ain’t going to improve at nrl standard cause that attitude won’t get him to first grade

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have been saying it for 2 years now.. We will not see the best of okunbor until his balls drop.

He has the skills.. He has the speed.. He also has the strength but sadly he doesn't know how to use it in d and until then his career is ISP

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Okenbur and Cleeland have similar problems, if you can call them that. Both immensely talented, but do not compete for the full 80 minutes.
They both show episodes of brilliance and then drift out for a while. In FG, you have to totally focus and commit for the full 80.
If given a go, Dean Pay will improve them both.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Okenbur and Cleeland have similar problems, if you can call them that. Both immensely talented, but do not compete for the full 80 minutes.
They both show episodes of brilliance and then drift out for a while. In FG, you have to totally focus and commit for the full 80.
If given a go, Dean Pay will improve them both.
Pretty sure Cleeland is not at the club next season.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m curious as to what about him comes across as a big bead? I don’t get the vibe watching him on the field at all????
Probably because he looks like Idris. I haven’t seen it either. Seems to be fairly easy going and that’s his problem.

He has improved every season he’s been with us though and is still improving. Be interesting to see how he goes after this off season and whether they have him training as a back or a second rower.

Status
Not open for further replies.