Okunbor dropped please

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Young kid, took tough carries when he could have hidden! I would persist.
If we were awarded the penalty for south being offside, like we should have been, this mistake would have been forgiven and we would not be having this discussion.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he could work on his defence/reads.
Hoppa to wing and Okunbor to centre might be the least offensive solution.
I know it's done but we'd have so many more options if we kept the Morris boys. Oh well.
'Rebuild time' Crichton is the future (insert maniacal laughter here)

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have no better options he needs to learn how to catch and be more aggressive he could be a sensation or a park footy winger its up to him

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Persist hes come into a wooden spoon team

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Holland to wing
Chn to centre
Rfm in
Yeah, I suggested that earlier.

I’m never a fan of weakening one position to try and strengthen another though...

He’s done some really good things on that edge and has such a nice offload that has been giving us good second phase play...

CHN I mean...

Last edited:

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
And replace him with who - Montoya or Chrichton?

Give him some time ffs.
Someone who csn catch .Someone who has vision that when they see opposition put a kick in that you chase and dont stand there like a stunned mullet. Someone who can catch a bomb. Someone that would help their fullback not be shoved back into ingoal area. I can keep going .

He isn't FG standard. He needs to go back to reserves and work on.his game. And when and if he improves he can come back in.

Chrichton shits all.over him atm. Its funny how chrichton was playing *** for Panthers and played semis yet can't make this 2nd string bulldogs fg side.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mentioned it in game thread, his confidence got shot after the drop ball at Melbourne and then they scored. They targeted him again and he dropped it cold and that was it. He hasn’t been the same since, a stint in reserves again might be needed but then again who do we have that can replace him...

If meany is out we don’t have any depth atall with our outside backs, so basacilly we are fucked

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone who csn catch .Someone who has vision that when they see opposition put a kick in that you chase and dont stand there like a stunned mullet. Someone who can catch a bomb. Someone that would help their fullback not be shoved back into ingoal area. I can keep going .

He isn't FG standard. He needs to go back to reserves and work on.his game. And when and if he improves he can come back in.

Chrichton shits all.over him atm. Its funny how chrichton was playing *** for Panthers and played semis yet can't make this 2nd string bulldogs fg side.
Moey, with all due respect brother have you watched Crichton this year? I have closely and he deserved to be dropped when he was. He hasn’t earned this FG shirt back yet with his performance in cup so far.
I thought he was our best signing and I think I’m wrong.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Lichaa gets 5 years and counting this kid at least gets 5 games ffs

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Moey, with all due respect brother have you watched Crichton this year? I have closely and he deserved to be dropped when he was. He hasn’t earned this FG shirt back yet with his performance in cup so far.
I thought he was our best signing and I think I’m wrong.
I will be honest and say i havnt seen him in reserve grade since he was dropped.

I did watch him plenty of times last year and kid played well. In my opinion is still better option than Okenbur. Okenbur isnt ready for FG. Still needs more time to learn the game.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Shit man, Crichton is a sideways “upgrade” on Olive.

I just don’t think that body shape cuts it as a winger anymore...

Our depth is just shocking.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ive said it before and ill say it again, Okunbor is not a winger and Lewis is not a half.

For years we have been playing players out of position and we are doing it again.

Go sign a fucken hooker, halfback and outside back

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be honest and say i havnt seen him in reserve grade since he was dropped.

I did watch him plenty of times last year and kid played well. In my opinion is still better option than Okenbur. Okenbur isnt ready for FG. Still needs more time to learn the game.
On last years form Crichton is one of the first picked every week for us. As I said before I thought he was our best signing l.Okenbur isn’t ready for first grade as you can see with the rocks and diamonds performances he has put up so far.
With where the team is at Crichton is guaranteed another crack at FG this year at some stage.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Shit man, Crichton is a sideways “upgrade” on Olive.

I just don’t think that body shape cuts it as a winger anymore...

Our depth is just shocking.
I totally agree with you in regards to depth. But as for body shape, chrichton might not be tall but still safe under high ball and is quick .But for the moment, is a better option than what we have. But knowing Pay he will keep Okenbur there forever no matter how bad he plays

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand why he jogs up slowly to the defensive line run hard **** like those Eric Groth Sr. Runs you did v the Storm he has to run hard like that every time or just drop him till he learns

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Crichton was garbage for the Panthers though. Literally dropped the ball over the line worse than Montoya at one stage lol.