Rumour Oil/Inside Information/Prediction - Consolidated Thread

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
At 5/8 in defence he will have the usual prop inside and back rower outside to help, a 5/8 hardly ever tackles one on one. Defending at centre is a much more difficult proposition with more space and pace coming at you forcing instant decisions to be made, which is where experience comes to the fore. That's what Averillo lacks, NRL experience, and at least what 5/8 he has played there on the way up, compared to fullback where he has next to zero senior experience. My view is we either give him NRL experience at 5/8 where he has support around him, or we give him fullback experience in NSW Cup.

Go Dogs
Hard to disagree in principle, but I still remember the amount of support that our forwards gave to Foran (with bad shoulders) over the last couple of years. I agree defensive work in the centres is a whole new ball game, but I just do not see Jake as a strong centre. For me it is FB or as you say 5/8........but I just think that he needs a little more defensive work before put to the test.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hard to disagree in principle, but I still remember the amount of support that our forwards gave to Foran (with bad shoulders) over the last couple of years. I agree defensive work in the centres is a whole new ball game, but I just do not see Jake as a strong centre. For me it is FB or as you say 5/8........but I just think that he needs a little more defensive work before put to the test.
for a start it is incorrect, you have the 3 middles then you have the edge backrowers in defence, then the halves. you dont have the 5/8 or 7 in the middle of the middles and edge backrower.

Master Coach

Waterboy
Reaction score
Looks like the sharks have signed mcinnes on a 4 year deal.

What are your thoughts on the dogs signing Brailey if we miss out on smith.

Last edited:

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rate him. Thought he was good in 2nd part of last season. Took some pressure of johnson. Sj could just pick when he wanted to get into the attack.
In line with our other recruits. We signed them on potential, before they have break out season.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t think it will affect him. Sharks say they signed McInnes to play 13 and brailey to stay at 9

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He has said in an article he is excited to play with Brailey so I would assume he is staying put at present so no point speculating. There will be someone that comes through at 9 and it is possible that someone could be JMK. He has been coached and surrounded by duds so with Baz, Sandercock and Furner as well as stability in the spine, he will undoubtedly improve.

Not that anyone really cares, but the Sharks have a pretty gun pack for 2022. Hamlin Uele, Brailey, Fifita, Rudolf, Hunt, McInness, Nikora, Graham, Wilton, Williams.