Reaction score
No Hayne = best in the last four seasons?, Lewis, Watmough or Farah

no wonder Ricky said he'd be happy just to win one game

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
fair dinkum CK?
maybe he is from PNG or Christchurch
or perhaps that famous Queensland town............Bowraville : )
I'm skinny on facts right now ... but there's debate over his eligibility as he played for Fiji in Oct '09.
Others are claiming he got special clearance by RLIF (Rugby League International Federation).

Newcastle Knights have congratulated him ... seems the most credible source so far.

Magic Arrow

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Hayne is a joke. Sure he isn't in his best form, but he still is a better player than Dugan. At least play the guy on the wing. Picking King and Merrin over Tolman is a bigger joke, and I really feel for Tolman as he has been the best NSW prop all year in my opinion. Picking Jennings is the biggest joke of the lot though. What has he done to get a place in this side? Talk about picking people on reputation.

The NSW Dragons will lose this series in a whitewash.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As a Queenslander I am very happy Hayne isn't there. He may not have been setting the world on fire, but I would have gauranteed he would have stepped up and played good footy like he has in most games he has played for the Blues. Very harsh dropping him.

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
Adrian Lam played for PNG and Queensland

Tonie Carrol played for NZ and Queensland

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder why luke douglas was not considered for city/country when he has been one of the best players this season? yet another fail... no wonder ricky stuart came out saying he will be happy if they win 1 game haha

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would like to see Hindmarsh in for his experience and strong defence and I thought Idris was strong in the test and should of got the nod, Ricky's side is still lacking something, who is Scott and King ? Never heard of them, where is Luke Bailey, Cooper Cronk and Tolman?

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
Wonder why luke douglas was not considered for city/country when he has been one of the best players this season? yet another fail... no wonder ricky stuart came out saying he will be happy if they win 1 game haha
Happy if he wins one game!... if that's not a defeatist attitude I don't know what is.

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would like to see Hindmarsh in for his experience and strong defence and I thought Idris was strong in the test and should of got the nod, Ricky's side is still lacking something, who is Scott and King ? Never heard of them, where is Luke Bailey, Cooper Cronk and Tolman?
I think Cronk would be waiting for the QLD #7 position to be vacated

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
no need to play it. after 5 years its been given.
Thought the same thing after I posted. Its beeen long and goooooooooone!
I can't believe that he is serious in making that statement publicly. Different thing said once team gets into camp.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's a much better team than what we've seen in the past. I don't believe fullback is Hayne's best position either. In this side, I would have had him on the wing ahead of Morris who hasn't impressed at Origin level.

I'd take out Creagh and put in Watmough. I also reckon Hinchcliffe is a better option for back row and hooker coverage than Young is. I don't rate Young and I think he is a beneficiary of the astute Dragons setup rather than simply being an Origin quality footballer.

Lewis would be in my side too, I don't really care that he only just returned from injury, he's just that good a player. I also think Weyman may have been a better option than King or Merrin.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
Not a fan of Hayne but I don't understand why he isn't in the team. He actually turns up for these games and puts a decent performance in, and in recent series he's been one of the few and sometimes the only one to give NSW some respect to cling to. Besides, has Dugan played enough this year to even have form?

I hope Soward is found out at Origin level.

I think the team needs an old head and reliable player like Hindmarsh.

I think Idris needs a few more years' experience and work on his defensive issues before he sees an Origin field again.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a much better team than what we've seen in the past. I don't believe fullback is Hayne's best position either. In this side, I would have had him on the wing ahead of Morris who hasn't impressed at Origin level.

I'd take out Creagh and put in Watmough. I also reckon Hinchcliffe is a better option for back row and hooker coverage than Young is. I don't rate Young and I think he is a beneficiary of the astute Dragons setup rather than simply being an Origin quality footballer.

Lewis would be in my side too, I don't really care that he only just returned from injury, he's just that good a player. I also think Weyman may have been a better option than King or Merrin.
Agree with every word yoyu just said. x2

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah. Definitely would not want to play Hayne on the wing. His spot is fullback and to place him on the wing would expose him big time in defense. Last year when he played on the wing he was shown up by Thurston and Inglis and conceded two tries by fault of his own and partly Idris'. In his defence he can make up for it with his moments of brilliance as he has proved in Origin but with guys like Thurston, Lockyer, Hodges and Slater on Qld's side I'm not confident he'd do well. I think the negatives might outweigh the positives if he was on the wing. I would've been happy for him to be chosen at fullback but since Stuart made the choice to chose Dugan I don't think he should put a guy like Hayne out of position and expose him in defense as has been the case in the past.

IMO I would've picked someone like Ferguson instead of Morris. Blake is s good under the high ball, big and strong, can be a game breaker and actually plays regularly on the wing.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score

It appears Man of the match in the so called "selection trial" means nothing

Dogmad

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
jennings has scored i think one try all year, hes hardly in form and didnt play the other day. jason king will get bashed, he shouldn't be there. weyman would of been a better option.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Absolute disaster of a team. QLD will demolish them. Will be putting $1k on QLD once I see their team selection.

1. Dugan - Good all round fullback but will not win you a game like Hayne will.
2. Morris - Has been nothing this year, if going on form, Blake Ferguson should have got the jumper
3. Jennings - One good game this year and he gets a jersey.
4. Gasnier - in good form, but his best days are past him.
5. Uate - exciting to watch, wonder how he goes in the rep arena
6. Soward - nowhere to hide in Origin like he does with St Merge, hope he gets towelled up.
7. Pearce - has done fk all this year, mullen is no gamebreaker either so who else do you pick ?
8. King - lulz ? is this real life ?
9. Ennis - [Deleted due to the lack of class and substance]
10. Snowden - warranted selection, hopefully he wont go MIA
11. Scott - another guy selected cos he loves the niggle. Is solid but not dynamic at all. Guess we can be greatful he wasnt selected in the centers at least
12. Bird - Whys he starting ? Oh yeah, he brings the "mongrel". Who needs skill when you got a team of Mongrel players.
13. Gallen (c) Stands head and shoulders above his team. Honestly feel sorry for him leading such a dud side.

Creagh - lets hope there isnt a fight with him and Ennis the tissue in the side. Running at halfbacks doesnt work in Origin
Merrin - How did he get a spot ahead of Weyman ?
Mannah - Leroids Lars was awesome off the bench in CvC, but we all know CvC doesn;t count for sh*t now does it. Ask the MOM Hinchcliff about it
Young - Another fairy who gets selected due to Dragons fame.

Even Bennett (who apparently helped Stuart with his team selection, LOL) couldn't coach this pack of duds to a win.

Seriously can QLD just pick there 2nd 17 to play ? They would still towel us. I bet those who bought their tickets for the Sydney game will be thinking about a refund.

Whats even worse is Ricky has said he is sticking with this side through the series. I hope they all burn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.