Official NSW Cup GF Thread - Bulldog v Panther

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fingers Crossed we can win but have a feeling after watching them capitulate late in the game against the Jets that this could get very ugly for us.

Good news for our future with plenty of young talent coming through but feel the Panfffers will run riot once our defence starts to puncture.

Our win against the Jets mirrored that of the Swans against the Pies. Swans had a big lead and fell in to win by a point. Geelong have been the top side, like Penrith in the NRL and I fear a blowout score in the AFL Grand Final to the Cats.

Good news for the Swans and that is you need to be in a GF to eventually win one and that could very well be in 12 months time as Buddy Franklin has signed on with the Swans for one more year.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fingers Crossed we can win but have a feeling after watching them capitulate late in the game against the Jets that this could get very ugly for us.

Good news for our future with plenty of young talent coming through but feel the Panfffers will run riot once our defence starts to puncture.

Our win against the Jets mirrored that of the Swans against the Pies. Swans had a big lead and fell in to win by a point. Geelong have been the top side, like Penrith in the NRL and I fear a blowout score in the AFL Grand Final to the Cats.

Good news for the Swans and that is you need to be in a GF to eventually win one and that could very well be in 12 months time as Buddy Franklin has signed on with the Swans for one more year.
Anyones game on Sunday. Penriff will come in cocky as fuck and we will ambush them re 2014 prelim. Im backing wakeham to give O'Sullivan a lesson in kicking. I zero rate O'Sullivan hes just another cog in a very well oiled system. Ill be a top half if i had that team around me lol. Wakeham on the other hand is carrying us.

Swans probably dont have much of a chance it's true. But also im backing them as my afl team. Plus itll piss off all the locals if a sydney team wins lol

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyones game on Sunday. Penriff will come in cocky as fuck and we will ambush them re 2014 prelim. Im backing wakeham to give O'Sullivan a lesson in kicking. I zero rate O'Sullivan hes just another cog in a very well oiled system. Ill be a top half if i had that team around me lol. Wakeham on the other hand is carrying us.

Swans probably dont have much of a chance it's true. But also im backing them as my afl team. Plus itll piss off all the locals if a sydney team wins lol
No doubt Wakeham has been great for us in the NSW Cup over the last few months but that only shows the gulf between Reserve Grade and First Grade as he's been a liability for us whenever he's played in First Grade.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No doubt Wakeham has been great for us in the NSW Cup over the last few months but that only shows the gulf between Reserve Grade and First Grade as he's been a liability for us whenever he's played in First Grade.
Or hes improved his game since he got dropped. For me he was always a much more theating option in attack than Flanagan will ever be. His downfall was errors in defence.

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Someone on here summed up Wakeham well - too good for NSW Cup, not good enough for 1st grade. When will we know whether he gets retained for next year? I am guessing that he still thinks he is hope of getting re-signed for next year. He looks like a half when he plays but is still making poor decisions with the ball at crucial times and just hasn't shown the ability to steady the ship when this is desperately required.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im predicting a big win by the panthers.
Panthers beat us earlier in the year with their Jersey Flegg halves.