OFFICIAL: Michael Ennis signs a 2 year deal with the Cronulla Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Lichaa is a breath of fresh air compared to our old fart Ennis.
And you're a waste of ****ing air. We get it, you hate Ennis. You only mentioned it 5 times in this thread and 96 other times in other threads.

He done you your filthy favour, now do him and the rest of us all a favour and STFU.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
John Morris is retiring at the end of the year.. So basically it's what would he rather do, compete with the most promising young hooker at the moment or have a permanent, guaranteed spot in a lacklustre side for more money. He's basically just sorting out his income for his family which is obviously understood.
and if ASADA ream the Sharks either:
a) he doesn't get paid and contract gets renigged ; OR
b) they survive, but again is guaranteed a spot.

KALB NISS WATEE

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mate what you're doing is nothing short of blasphemy calling Ennis a grub he is our captain.WTF has he done to you ... Sounds personal ...
Wolfmother, it's not personal. Just footy talk. Off the field he could be a great bloke. Never any menace intended.

I just get fustrated with his antics and attacking game.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its a business these days and loyalty very rarely exists. We did alot for ennis and i guess its very subjective if he paid us back in full esp seeing as though we allow him to do media work, made him club captain and gave he and his family security and safety for the last 6 yrs. He was a journeyman before that.
All the best and i hope u put in like u were doing in the earlier rounds

steeliz21

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How far up shit creek would we be now that we have lost Ennis if Lichaa gets done by ASADA

KALB NISS WATEE

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
And you're a waste of ****ing air. We get it, you hate Ennis. You only mentioned it 5 times in this thread and 96 other times in other threads.

He done you your filthy favour, now do him and the rest of us all a favour and STFU.
You STFU. Don't get personal mate!!! If you don't like what I'm saying FO!!!

Moey999

Pitbull
Reaction score
Sharks supporters are over the moon they've signed him... but i dont see why

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
[h=1]Michael Ennis to finish his career with the Cronulla Sharks[/h]DateJune 17, 2014 - 8:50PM

[h=3]Adrian Proszenko[/h][h=4]Chief Rugby League Reporter[/h]View more articles from Adrian Proszenko
Follow Adrian on Twitter Email Adrian

Moving on: Canterbury skipper Michael Ennis has signed a two-year deal with Cronulla. Photo: Anthony Johnson
Michael Ennis will finish his career as a Shark after agreeing to a two-year deal with the Shire outfit.
The moves ends months of speculation over the future of the Canterbury captain, with Cronulla expected to announce the news as soon as this week.
The Sharks were desperate for a quality hooker after the Bulldogs prised young gun Michael Lichaa from their grasp earlier this year, although that signing is also yet to be officially announced.
Incumbent Cronulla rake John Morris will retire at the end of the year, while back-up dummy half Isaac De Gois was recently granted a release to play for Parramatta as cover for the injured Nathan Peats.
Advertisement
Ennis, who has a strong relationship with Ricky Stuart from their time together at Origin level, was also courted by Canberra, but his signature came down to a race in two. The 32-year-old is highly regarded at Canterbury but they could not compete with the money on offer from the Sharks.
Ennis has been one of the key figures behind Canterbury's resurgence, playing 121 of his 207 NRL games at the ''Family Club''. Most of them have been as skipper, although coach Des Hasler appointed Frank Pritchard as co-captain this season. Pritchard has been sidelined through injury for much of the year and it remains to be seen whether Hasler will appoint another captain for next year's campaign.
News that he is moving on is likely to come as a shock to Ennis' Bulldogs teammates, who were hoping he would stay put. The former Knights, Dragons and Broncos hooker is considered one of the most competitive players in the NRL and has been described as a mentor by NSW half Josh Reynolds.
Ennis himself has represented the Blues on seven occasions and was a frontrunner to add to the tally if Robbie Farah had not overcome injury in time for Origin I.
The development is likely to strengthen the resolve of his Canterbury teammates to send him out a winner.
The decision to sign with a Sydney club will also help a burgeoning media career after he has impressed in commentary stints with Fox Sports.
It is also welcome news for Cronulla, who have lurched from one crisis to another since the so-called ''darkest day in Australian sport''. The Sharks have been hit, directly or indirectly, to the tune of about $4 million since the drugs in sport saga surfaced.
It is expected that 17 Cronulla players from the 2011 squad, 15 of them who remain at the club, will be served with show-cause notices from the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority in the near future.
Languishing on the bottom of the ladder alongside Newcastle, the Sharks host Manly on Saturday.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ulla-sharks-20140617-zsawp.html#ixzz34uGFG4RA

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank you Michael Ennis for all the passion and guts you have played with. I hope you have a great end to your career at the sharkies. Ive enjoyed watching you and revelling in the pride and joy you show on the field when everything is working in sync for the dogs. You came to us when we were going through a dark time. We couldnt win a game. You helped restore pride and passion in our brand.

Now the time has come to say our goodbyes. Fingers crossed we can send you off with a premiership ring.

Ive always held true and firm with you Michael. If we cant win a ring for you this year Id love for you to show the dogs management that you have what it takes still to compete in the NRL by helping the sharkies to a maiden premiership within the next 2 years. I must be honest though..with you onboard the sharkies certainly are putting together the oldest team in history...Gallen, Ennis, Heighington, Lewis, Tupou, Carney, Gibbs, etc....WTF happens when all you guys retire at once in 2 years time?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'll be sad to see him play his last game for us. He has served us well for a long time and it will feel strange without his familiar presence on the field. I hope we can send him out with a premiership.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ennis is far from happy . You could tell by how quiet he was on Sunday during the game and at the press conference.
This will effect the mood of our team for sure. Bad move by our club

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Ennis is far from happy . You could tell by how quiet he was on Sunday during the game and at the press conference.
This will effect the mood of our team for sure. Bad move by our club
Bad move? Its a great move getting rid of an old hooker with bad knees and bad shoulders who can't kick or pass or run for a young up and coming hooker.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Best of luck mick, never doubted his courage, leadership and persistence. I hope he can go out with a GF win

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Thank you Michael Ennis for all the passion and guts you have played with. I hope you have a great end to your career at the sharkies. Ive enjoyed watching you and revelling in the pride and joy you show on the field when everything is working in sync for the dogs. You came to us when we were going through a dark time. We couldnt win a game. You helped restore pride and passion in our brand.

Now the time has come to say our goodbyes. Fingers crossed we can send you off with a premiership ring.

Ive always held true and firm with you Michael. If we cant win a ring for you this year Id love for you to show the dogs management that you have what it takes still to compete in the NRL by helping the sharkies to a maiden premiership within the next 2 years. I must be honest though..with you onboard the sharkies certainly are putting together the oldest team in history...Gallen, Ennis, Heighington, Lewis, Tupou, Carney, Gibbs, etc....WTF happens when all you guys retire at once in 2 years time?
Nice post,well said, I'm sure he'd appreciate the mature and kind words..

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bad move? Its a great move getting rid of an old hooker with bad knees and bad shoulders who can't kick or pass or run for a young up and coming hooker.
Seriously? Tell me the last time this 'old bloke' missed a game through bad knees/shouldes or injury oh hang on my mistake ...... I remember now souffs vs bulldogs good friday game this year when burgess steamrolled , busted his head ,he came off for 10 minutes at half time ...What a pussy

Status
Not open for further replies.