OFFICIAL: Four more years for Falafel

Status
Not open for further replies.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
International front rower Andrew Fifita today signed a new four year contract that will see him remain at the Sharks through until the end of the 2018 season.

Rated amongst the best props in the game in 2013, with Fifita representing NSW and Australia, the signing is a positive boost for the Sharks heading into their match with the Panthers later today.

The 24-year-old signed his contract with Ben Johnson from his management company I.Am and with Sharks officials and was pleased to have now secured his future and to be staying at the club which has helped him develop into one of the leading forwards in the NRL.

“I’m very happy to have it done and I can now concentrate on playing football,” Fifita said. “I’m really looking forward to the next four years here at the Sharks, to winning a premiership and to helping to create some history for this club.”

Ahead of teams’ game against the Panthers at Remondis today, Coach Peter Sharp was content in the knowledge that with Fifita could now shift his total focus to his performances on the field.

“Andrew is one of the best front rowers in the game and his signing is a very much a positive for this club,” Sharp said. “We look forward to him leading the way for this club not only for the rest of this year but for the next four seasons as well.”

Fifita joined the Sharks back in 2012 after debuting in the NRL with the Wests Tigers during the 2010 season. His career now boasts 91 NRL appearances, 52 with the Sharks, while in 2013 Fifita played six games for the Kangaroos at the World Cup and all three matches in the State of Origin series representing NSW.

He is also in line for a call up to the Kangaroo team for the Anzac Test next Friday after playing a leading role in Australia’s World Cup win last November.

A potent attacking force with an enormous work rate, Fifita was the Sharks leading try scorer last year, crossing for nine four-pointers in his 25 top grade games. In addition he led the Sharks tackles per match statistical category with 34 and was second to skipper Paul Gallen in regards to number of hit ups per game with 17.5.

SOURCE

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Good for him, are they going to be making up bullshit values on his new deal now aswell or what?

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'll be extremely surprised if he sees out the 4 years at the Sharks.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I love how our offer was made public but the Sharks offer is not mentioned.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He signed for 25 injections a week over a 4 year period.

Renegade

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They finally signed someone to clean all the trophies in their cabinet :D

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fifita signs new four-year deal with Sharks

Kangaroos prop Andrew Fifita has re-signed with the Cronulla Sharks for another four years, a month after a proposed move to the Canterbury Bulldogs collapsed.

The 24-year-old star, who represented New South Wales and Australia last season, will now remain at Cronulla until at least the 2018 season.

"I'm very happy to have it done and I can now concentrate on playing football," Fifita said. "I'm really looking forward to the next four years here at the Sharks, to winning a premiership and to helping to create some history for this club."

Sharks coach Peter Sharp said the signing would allow Fifita to put his full focus back onto his on-field performances this season.

"Andrew is one of the best front rowers in the game and his signing is a very much a positive for this club," Sharp said. "We look forward to him leading the way for this club not only for the rest of this year but for the next four seasons as well."

Source: http://www.nrl.com/fifita-signs-new-four-year-deal-with-sharks/tabid/10874/newsid/77945/default.aspx

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Is the hack still taking legal action against us?

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He probably is. Maybe for the difference between what we offered and what he got from the Sharks

HITM3N

THE KENNEL
Gilded
Reaction score
Is the hack still taking legal action against us?
Our club has lawyers and Barristers worth more than his Family, what legal action is he going to take against the bulldogs.. He better off staying at a cheater team!!

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
“I’m really looking forward to the next four years here at the Sharks, to winning a premiership"

Lol ! Just lol !

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Gotta laugh at the Sharkies fans - had a look at their website after Fifita re-signed and they are asking each other why Fifita would have signed with us.

They must be in their own little world thinking they can win a premiership - players come to the mighty dogs because we are successful, have great facilities, our leagues club is strong as opposed to the Sharkies who have nothing.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cronulla - like the ex girlfriend you know you can always fall back on if the bigger & better deal falls through. Embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.