Official First Bulldogs Team To Lose 10 In a row

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'd hate to see us waste another year in going backwards . I hope Gould has a contingency plan if Baz fails to fire in the first couple of rounds. Maybe have Baz sacked and bring in someone who won't be appointed by the media but through his own merits..
Wayne lol

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Remember when the Barrett kool-aid drinkers said we turned a corner after beating the Dragons?

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately it was one of those seasons.....
Injuries
Suspensions
Lack of FG experience from a bulk of the team
Brain farts from supposed senior players
Pathetic attitude on (and off) the field
Constant positional changes
Constant personnel changes
Unable to adapt to the rules changes
And being screwed by the refs in a lot of games.
Absolutely nothing went in our favour and we were doomed to failure. We have had our bad year, the stars alighed and fvcked us royally up the clacker but it wont happen again. I will wipe 2021 from my memory and reset for 2022. As a matter of fact 2015 - 2021 is worth forgetting.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can't see how Furner survives, we've had some of our worst losses this year. Fitness is also a big issue.
U reckon fitness is an issue? I tend to think we are close to the fittest side now after the amount of work the boys go through every week.

The amount of 8-10-15-27 tackle sets the boys defend is ridiculous compared to other teams..

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those who aren’t aware we now have a piece of unwanted history. Our team this year is the first to lose ten games in a row in a season.
This isn't actually correct.

Maybe the first Bulldogs team to lose 10 in a row, however the longest losing streak in Rugby League history, is one that is unlikely to ever be broken (because it was so shit).

Newcastle Knights in 2016 lost 18 games in a row.

Well technically it's 19 because they lost Round 7 in 2016, and did not win again until Round 2 2017.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
U reckon fitness is an issue? I tend to think we are close to the fittest side now after the amount of work the boys go through every week.

The amount of 8-10-15-27 tackle sets the boys defend is ridiculous compared to other teams..
would be some interestingvreading the stats of how many sets the boys had to defend for. compared to other teams

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The pre-season leading into season 2022 is going to be one of the most important to date for the Bulldogs. So much recruitment including that of Phil Gould and now such much expectation.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

There's aspects where I think our fitness isn't up to it but parts could also be effort. Like we seem to go nowhere during our sets, we're very slow. Kick chase is terrible but that could also be put down to the kick itself. Line speed isn't great too. I'm not convinced by Ferris or Furner and think we might need to go in a different direction.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There's aspects where I think our fitness isn't up to it but parts could also be effort. Like we seem to go nowhere during our sets, we're very slow. Kick chase is terrible but that could also be put down to the kick itself. Line speed isn't great too. I'm not convinced by Ferris or Furner and think we might need to go in a different direction.
Great points though can all be traced back to excessive defence.. Can also be tracked back to the fact we dont have the strength and speed of other teams this year... It can also be tracked back to the fact every time we get quick play the balls the ref allows the other team to slow the ruck down, Manly holding the ball CONTINUOUSLY in rucks we won did so much damage to our attack its not funny.

In regards to the coaches, it is really hard to tell... I think like everything we need to wait and see what happens next year with the calvary arriving.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
No matter what Gould says Barrett has 8-10 games in 2022 to show what he's got. No way we go into 2023 with him if the season is similar to this one. Gould will want to protect his own reputation above anything else.
No way will I still be a Dog OR RL fan still if next year is the same. Now that I think of it both Tbaz and I have 8 to 10 weeks left next year. I'm just done, the rules have changed the game, we're shite and I watch only minutes of a few games now before turning over and not even missing it. Admittedly this has been a long time coming, falling out of love with something even if it is a sport but I've been around it all my life.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Whoever signed all these idiots, needs to pull the white cane out their arse. We should all get to throw a pie in your face, clown.

childofglossop

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Great points though can all be traced back to excessive defence.. Can also be tracked back to the fact we dont have the strength and speed of other teams this year... It can also be tracked back to the fact every time we get quick play the balls the ref allows the other team to slow the ruck down, Manly holding the ball CONTINUOUSLY in rucks we won did so much damage to our attack its not funny.

In regards to the coaches, it is really hard to tell... I think like everything we need to wait and see what happens next year with the calvary arriving.
Or even the cavalry?

Maybe Calvary is right…we’ve been crucified in practically every game this year!!

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need fitness experts with proven results. Ferris has pretty much failed at every club he's been at. Manly, Titans, Bulldogs.

Furner was sacked from an ESL coaching gig, which speaks volumes.

We should be talking to Shane Flanagan about coming on board as defensive coach, and looking for a decent conditioner for the club.