Official Duff Beer launched in Australia this month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
IT’S what Homer Simpsons calls his “Achilles heel” — and now Duff Beer is a hop, skip and a jump from your own eski.
That’s right, Simpsons fans, Duff Beer is heading Down Under.
Mmmm. Beer.

In a global first, an official version of the legendary lager will appear on Australian shelves from May 28. The makers say it has a “clean, crisp and refreshing taste”.
And to launch, Sydney will transform into Springfield with a pop-up version of Moe’s Tavern opening at the Woolloomooloo Bay Hotel for the first official tasting from May 23-30.

“With Duff Beer exclusively on tap, Moe’s Tavern will also be serving up a host of Springfield’s finest food including; Krusty Burgers, Duffalo Wings and Lard Lad doughnuts,” a Duff spokesman told news.com.au.
Previously, only counterfeits have appeared for sale, but the official version was born after liquor retailer BWS teamed with Memphis brewery City Brewing Company to bring the iconic beer to life.
“A superbly crafted lager, Duff Beer is a high quality, traditional beer with a perfect balance of flavour and refreshment featuring a deep golden colour with caramel aromatics and a hint of fruit,” reads the release.
Let’s hope it’s no Fudd.

[video=youtube;5pIc6Qvh1QE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pIc6Qvh1QE[/video]

[video=youtube;U1fz627Gj2Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1fz627Gj2Y[/video]

[video=youtube;uzJrsg1nOdQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzJrsg1nOdQ[/video]

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Does this beer really exist?
Has anyone tried it?
Is it any good?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i thought that simpsons said they wouldnt license the name duff beer to anyone so maybe this isnt official

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I heard about this even though I don't drink that is awesome to see but now kids will want the stuff lol...

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Duff Mann!! Ohhhh YeahhhH!!!!

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i thought that simpsons said they wouldnt license the name duff beer to anyone so maybe this isnt official
I thought you traveled a bit & would have visited the US.

Maybe Moe can help out. Didnt he piss on an electric fence in Vegas a while back!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I know a guy in Mexico made duff around the mid 2000's. The bottles were identical to the simpsons and he ripped of duffman and the music and so on aha.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know a guy in Mexico made duff around the mid 2000's. The bottles were identical to the simpsons and he ripped of duffman and the music and so on aha.
Was it any good?

As soon as there is a new beer around I must try it!

Actually wheres Natboy? I'm sure would have went the the US & would have tried it!

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
A mate of mine tried Duff Beer back in 2012 and he said it tasted like piss

Here's the photo of what he tried, not sure if it's the same as the one being released

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A mate of mine tried Duff Beer back in 2012 and he said it tasted like piss

Here's the photo of what he tried, not sure if it's the same as the one being released

Lol! That looks like medicine or some bullshit they make in QLD (sorry QLD dogs)!

To QLD Dog fans. Your beaches are great but you guys cant make beer for shit!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Was it any good?

As soon as there is a new beer around I must try it!

Actually wheres Natboy? I'm sure would have went the the US & would have tried it!
Na it was pretty much a shitty homebrew

Lenny

Waterboy
Reaction score
The new Duff beer is being brewed by the Australian Brewey at Rouse Hill on behalf of another distributer that organised the license

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The new Duff beer is being brewed by the Australian Brewey at Rouse Hill on behalf of another distributer that organised the license
You would know!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If it's being brewed by AB, it will be bloody good.

Their beers are excellent (I've met the owners before - nice people)!

Duff was out here a few times previously, and Rodzilla is right, Groeing never licensed it as he didn't want to encourage kids to drink. That said I believe exceptions have been made in the US at Universal Studios (I think it is), and also for this one coming to Aus as an official product.

JAYDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ill give it a go :grinning:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You should post a bit more. You have been around for a while but no one knows who you are!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
When they first released it the Fox threatened to sue. Not sure what happened after that but if it's still around I guess they came to an arrangement.

Lenny

Waterboy
Reaction score
You should post a bit more. You have been around for a while but no one knows who you are!
Cheers.

I had lunch with the Head Brewer a couple of months ago (the day of the Bulldogs v Brisbane match in Round 1 actually) and he mentioned they were about to start brewing batches of Duff and Matt Groening was planning on being there for the launch.

I was surprised how many different distributers/brewerys they brew on behalf of

I still have a couple of cans of the original Duff that was recalled in the mid-late 90s - I started with a 6 pack but had to give them a try which was stupid because it wasnt real good and now a 6 pack would be worth a bit more than 2 single cans

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Cheers.

I had lunch with the Head Brewer a couple of months ago (the day of the Bulldogs v Brisbane match in Round 1 actually) and he mentioned they were about to start brewing batches of Duff and Matt Groening was planning on being there for the launch.

I was surprised how many different distributers/brewerys they brew on behalf of

I still have a couple of cans of the original Duff that was recalled in the mid-late 90s - I started with a 6 pack but had to give them a try which was stupid because it wasnt real good and now a 6 pack would be worth a bit more than 2 single cans
lenny, where's karl?

Status
Not open for further replies.