Offical State of Origin 2 Team Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Prior is a good/safe selection.. his physicality and work rate will be invaluable if we get on the back foot.. proven in big games including two premierships.. James is a great player but has defensive lapses and can be ill-disciplined.. He will get his chance at some stage.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He's done everything right so far so I trust in his judgement.
Yh he looks a good fit for the SOO job...i just can't see why you would have Prior over James lol. Doesn't really matter as NSW should win with either player.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yh he looks a good fit for the SOO job...i just can't see why you would have Prior over James lol. Doesn't really matter as NSW should win with either player.
Because Prior never gets nervous and was amazing in the 2016 GF. He's a big game player. Made like 180 metres in helping the Sharks win the comp. Also very good defensively.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I feel for James. He’s a gun Prior is not on his level

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fittler stated his going for youth before series, left out the likes of wade graham jj etc, now he picks matt fucking prior
Filters cooked, not saying prior is shit but James does the job with more Ball playing ability foot work and sniffs out trys all the time

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel for James. He’s a gun Prior is not on his level
I know prior has experience etc. but honestly on what planet is he better than James??
Particularly at his age.

Freddy has proven me wrong with Roberts. Maybe he will again.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Unless he loses the series Fittler should be given the benefit of the doubt.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Unless he loses the series Fittler should be given the benefit of the doubt.
For sure but what does James have to do to get a gig? He’s better then Vaughan RCG and Prior.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
For sure but what does James have to do to get a gig? He’s better then Vaughan RCG and Prior.
Like I said, Fittler knows Origin and he thinks they are better for Origin so I'll back him

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Prior man-handled the biggest packs in the Sharkies run to the grand final.. I'm sure James would do the job but I reckon big game experience and a better defensive record is vital given that Queensland will be throwing everything at us

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If it's going to be a dour wet pitch for origin, then attack goes out the window. Prior is underrated and tireless. He will keep it tidy through the middle third and he has big game winning experience.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I saw Brad Fittler, Greg Alexander, Danny Buderus and a bunch of other guys (I'm guessing trainers etc...) at lunchtime at Macchiato. I said to Fittler "Freddy are you going to bring it home for us in game 2 or what?" - He said "of course mate" - and I shook his hand on the way out. Not a bad bloke.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I saw Brad Fittler, Greg Alexander, Danny Buderus and a bunch of other guys (I'm guessing trainers etc...) at lunchtime at Macchiato. I said to Fittler "Freddy are you going to bring it home for us in game 2 or what?" - He said "of course mate" - and I shook his hand on the way out. Not a bad bloke.
Hopefully Qld win

Status
Not open for further replies.