O meley to make early return

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fatal1

Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs coach Steve Folkes has one of his most experienced starting line-ups for this Sunday’s all important clash against the Canberra Raiders at the Sydney Showground. Folkes has named Mark O’Meley in the starting line-up after a lengthy lay-off due to ligament damage suffered in the lower leg back in April.

At one stage it was expected that O'Meley would not return from the injury he suffered against New Zealand in the Bundaberg Test Match until round 23.

O’Meley will partner Roy Asotasi up front with Folkes naming NSW Origin five eight Braith Anasta at lock with Corey Hughes slotting into the five eight position.

The inclusion of both O’Meley and Hughes certainly provides the Bulldogs with a much more experienced starting thirteen then what they have had for the past couple of months. Anasta, Sherwin and Hughes will also prove the Dogs with plenty of kicking options.

Youngster Cameron Phelps is the only rookie named in the starting line-up. Phelps has made a strong fist of first grade since making his debut in round 10 against the Sea eagles.

On the interchange Folkes has named four forwards, with two rookies Dallas McIlwain and Charlie Tonga more than holding their own in first grade whilst the relatively inexperienced Chris Armit and Adam Brideson have also made strong contributions this season.

NRL ROUND 15:
Sunday 19 June, 2005
vs Canberra Raiders
Sydney Showground
Kick-Off: 3.00pm
Referee: Tim Mander
TV: Delayed on Ch.9 (4pm aest)

BULLDOGS:
1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Masri
3. Jamaal Lolesi
4. Cameron Phelps
5. Matt Utai
6. Corey Hughes
7. Brent Sherwin
8. Mark O’Meley
9. Adam Perry
10. Roy Asotasi
11. Tony Grimaldi
12. Andrew Ryan (c)
13. Braith Anasta

Interchange:
14. Adam Brideson
15. Chris Armit
16. Dallas McIlwain
17. Charlie Tonga

F

fatal1

hughes to 5/8th and anasta to lock??

im not sure wat folkes is tryin to achieve there - but hughes at 5/8th is a worry for me

o meley is back though :D:D:D:D

D

DoggFather

WOO HOO So O'Meley didnt lie to me LOL (and to the others)

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hughes at 5/8, what is doing? Must be short on backrowers...

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
GO OMELEY :grinning:

Does anyone perhaps know when myles and Tonga will be back?
i was suprised daniel conn wasnt named in the team.

D

D0ggyStylz

YAY!!!! WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO YABBA DABBA DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WTF is with C Hughes at 5/8???

B

Bwaif

:shock:

not sure about hughes at 5/8th but the team looks great especially with O'meley back

F

fatal1

its funny cuz folkes laughed at the rumour o meley would be back this week but said myles and tonga should be ok to play but the opposite has happened.

M

Makavelli

i dont trust hughes at 5/8.

but seeing that line up we should win this game for sure but it might turn into an ugly one.

D

DoggFather

Im sure most of you know that Braith wants to play lock, since the begining of last year, only injury problems has forced Anasta back to 5/8th.

Good to see Dallas back in 1st grade too.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
who cares if Hughes is at 5-8th just so long as Shrek is back

so there you go ppl Tank and Dog-E were not talking ****

The Bandit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow....Braith at Lock aint a bad option and Corey shines when he is given resposibility. Hopefully all will go well. Looks good to me.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
WTF? Folkes was laughing off suggestions that O'meley would return for the Raiders game.

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
conn got injured plus he is too busy being a pretty boy with wing in the photo booth

shrek head back ooh yeah.

F

fatal1

Stevie J said:
WTF? Folkes was laughing off suggestions that O'meley would return for the Raiders game.

exactly! and he said myles and tonga should be back and that didnt happen lol (like i said earlier lol)

D

DoggFather

fatal1 said:
its funny cuz folkes laughed at the rumour o meley would be back this week but said myles and tonga should be ok to play but the opposite has happened.
Mind games brother, still I wouldnt be surprised if O'Meley starts off the bench and Armit gets the starting spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.