Votes: 15 88.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would you place your parents in a nursing home or have them live with your family?

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
My mum used to work in Nursing Homes and they are depressing. She is now working in Community Nursing (the Blue Nurses - Uniting Church Basded) and loves it.

wyongguy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it would be hard to put some one in a nurseing home, but it takes a special person to look after someone when things get really bad

stiffystephy

Not Guilty, Not Innocent!
Reaction score
It would be so hard looking after anyone who is in need of constant care!
I think i would want to try looking after the person at home first....but if things got to tough I think I would have to be ok with a nursing home....??

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It depends, by your family do you mean like with your sister? If not then definitely in a home

T

TdoggBulldog

slackies... shove them in a nursing home...

i cant handle old people or children for that matter.....

stiffystephy

Not Guilty, Not Innocent!
Reaction score
TdoggBulldog said:

hahahaha....for such a sweet looking girl, sh*t you are evil.....lol :p

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TdoggBulldog said:

Finally someone who isn't full of ****, get them out and get them out asap i say

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not in 600 trillion years would I ever put my parents in a Nursing Home.

No ****ing way!

Maza

Reaction score
with Family. nursing homes are just too slack imo

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TdoggBulldog said:

lol I'd hate to be your parents....

Then again, I don't know what your parents are like.

I actually got this idea whilst browsing through the TV and stumbled across Neighbours and the guy was insisting on sending his crook father to a nursing home.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Zor said:
Finally someone who isn't full of ****, get them out and get them out asap i say
Would you like it if your kids stuck you in a Nursing Home and never visited you?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I refuse to comment on this matter for personal family reasons

Miss Bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
With me. But if it got really desperate like they cant talk or move or anything id have no other choice but to put them in a home.

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we put my greatgrandmother in a home because it was too hard to give her proper care (remember, i was living on a farm at least 1hr from professional medical care, and we weren't always around). it used to be me (as a child mind you) who would be providing care.
anyway, she didn't want to leave the joint lol.

it all depends on the situation really. if they're low dependency patients, then look sure. have them at home. but i pose the question to you...could you handle it emotionally? believe me, i've seen them when they're tied into a bed so they don't go walking, they're playing with their own faeces, they're totally bedridden, etc. it's a very hard job. as a student nurse it's not so heartbreaking, because at the end of your 8 hour shift, it's all over for you. it takes it's toll on the family, believe me.

BisH

Ohh No0o0
Reaction score
FFS! THIS IS A DUMB QUESTION! at home! i wouldnt lave my parents...if i get married ill still be with them...theyre my life they looked after me and raised me as a kid the its our duty to do that when they get old and sick...i wouldnt want some stranger looking after my parents unless they wanted it.

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BisH said:
FFS! THIS IS A DUMB QUESTION! at home! i wouldnt lave my parents...if i get married ill still be with them...theyre my life they looked after me and raised me as a kid the its our duty to do that when they get old and sick...i wouldnt want some stranger looking after my parents unless they wanted it.
There are hundreds of nursing homes...I wouldn't say it's a dumb question at all....I bet its something difficult that many families have to go through. It's a good insight to see what the outcome of the poll is.

For you it appears as though it is clear cut, which is fortunate, but others don't share the same fortune.

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it's good to see that filial peity is still alive and well

Status
Not open for further replies.