Number up for loutish fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris.P

I'm a Manager
Reaction score
December 26, 2004

SPECTATORS at Bulldogs games will be able to "dob in a thug" by calling a security hotline if they are being intimidated or harassed.

And in a further measure to control the club's poor record of fan behaviour, the Bulldogs have asked the wives and children of players to make special messages to be replayed on the video screen at home games.

The steps are a sign the premiers are not prepared to sit idle in handling their long-running problem of abusive fans.

The Bulldogs are putting the finishing touches on a document into the football club's charter, which will be released to the public early in the New Year.

A central part of this is the conduct of their fans, after the NRL hit the club with an unprecedented suspended penalty of four competition points for crowd violence at the round-three match against Sydney Roosters.

"We are setting up a system at games where fans can ring a number and there will be immediate action taken," Bulldogs chief executive Malcolm Noad said.

"This applies to opposing fans as well, because it has not been only our fans (causing trouble).

"If someone feels threatened or intimidated or offended by abusive language, they can ring the number."

The hotline number will be displayed on the big screen at the club's two home venues of Telstra Stadium and Sydney Showground as well as featuring on signage at the grounds.

The use of players' families on the big screen will be to reassure women and children that attending Bulldogs games is safe and enjoyable.

A number of Bulldogs fans banned from attending NRL games last season are allowed back in 2005 - on strict conditions.

"We have communicated with them post-ban and they know they will be under a tremendous amount of scrutiny next year and that any other breaches will mean a ban for life," Noad said.

NRL chief operating officer Graham Annesley said deducting competition points from clubs as a penalty for unruly fans is still a possibility in 2005.

"Obviously that's the more drastic step, but it's one that is available to us if we think it's required," Annesley said.

The Sunday Telegraph

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah well what are the NRL going to do so I aint intimidated by the Huge pack of Parra fans,Penrith Fans, Rooster fans and all the rest that cause trouble????

Its not every supporter but Im sick of hearing how its the Bulldogs!!!
Ive had Trouble with Rooster supporters!!
When??? October 3rd
Where?? Mt Druitt Station!!

there were a pack of 15 sitting on the platform saying F*** the Bulldogs and were telling ppl walking past going to the game that they had better be Rooster supporters or they were going to smash them!!

And they started following this Guy in his Bulldogs jersey Down the platform to give him S***

I just kept quiet and thought those bastards are going to change their tune at the ground!!

*Karlz*

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reaction score
I agree, Im glad somethig is getting done about it, but its not just the Doggies fans.

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
While all clubs have fan problems we have to be man enough to admit that our club has had more than most. The admin of the club is also aware of this and it is great to see that steps are being taken to try and resolve this problem.

It is only a small group of idiots that cause the problems and we all need to work in the interests of our club to ensure these d**ks don't cost us any competition points.

*Karlz*

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reaction score
I completely agree with you Cammo. A family friend was on the recieving end of some comments a few years back and as far as I know she hasnt been to a game since. Its a small minority of fans ruining it for everyone else.

2004 Premiers

This system should be used by all clubs not just our that will minimise the amount of idiots that go to the footy.

A

atomic_crimson

whilst we have trouble makers in our club after what i had to deal with on october 3rd i dont believe that its completely unprovoked...

walking back to the car parck to head to belmore after we won i almost had my head punched in a by a rooster supporter... i did nothing to get his attention of provoke the situation... same with in the ground, we copped it with constant lectures and abuse about CH....

so i think its an aspect all clubs need to look at not just the bulldogs...

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
A lot of baiting will happen from other fans because of our reputation. It is in our interests to change that reputation and you will find that all the idiots will soon dwindle away.

Tough job no doubt, but I know all the people I have met at games from here on The Kennel do their best to ensure a safe environment at the games for everyone.

Starla

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The only trouble ive ever had has been from supporters of my own team..nothing major..just crude comments...but that kinda stuff dose make you feel uneasy and uncomfortable..If i had young kids id certainly think twice before taking them to a game..which is a damn shame....end of rant :grinning:

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
atomic_crimson said:
so i think its an aspect all clubs need to look at not just the bulldogs...

Thank you A_C so I aint crazy :grinning:

The Bulldogs werent by far the worst behaved at all!!!!!
Ive heard about these same troubles at a West Tigers vs South Sydney match and so on from other supporters I know!!!

Im not trying to stick up for the Bulldogs!!!!
Im just trying to say its time that others clubs get reconised for their wrong doings as well!!

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
Bulldogs1984 said:
The Bulldogs werent by far the worst behaved at all!!!!!
Unfortunately mate, as much as I hate to say it, with all the games I went to last year (Dogs and non-Dogs) a small section of our fan base was the worst of the lot. We just need to accept that fact and work on fixing it.

No doubts there are serious problems at a lot of games, but I don't really care about the other clubs anyway. I want our problem fixed, what other clubs do about their crowds is their business.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Cammo said:
Unfortunately mate, as much as I hate to say it, with all the games I went to last year (Dogs and non-Dogs) a small section of our fan base was the worst of the lot. We just need to accept that fact and work on fixing it.

No doubts there are serious problems at a lot of games, but I don't really care about the other clubs anyway. I want our problem fixed, what other clubs do about their crowds is their business.

Well where I sit at Homegames I never get any trouble from home or away supporters!!!

When I go to away games it all depends I aint going to say they are all bad!!!
I usually talk to opposition supporters and a lot of them are top ppl, but you also get a lot of d*ckheads and you wonder why the Bulldogs supporters are so bad after seeing what others are like!!!

But its just like anyone I guess you have so many ppl that you can get along with than there are others which I just give up and dont bother with!!!

I remember when the Bulldogs played Western Suburbs in 1999 at Telstra stadium I dont know if a Bulldogs supporter stirred him up
but this wests supporter went ape **** and everyone stopped watching the game and focused on this fight!!!!!

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
I have never had trouble either, but I have seen it on a fair few occasions.

It is definitely nowhere near as bad as the media portray it to be though. They like to beat it up to be bigger than it is.

But it is still a problem that the club needs to fix and it is good to see them taking steps towards it.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
I remember i was at the panthers vs roosters game last season and after amos roberts scored the try for penrith... i remember i saw cup of beer thrown towards the panthers supporters and a few of these panthers fans went to the chook pen and started the fight which only lasted for few seconds.

so that shows we are not the only ones who have bad crowd behaviour...

½

friend of stevie j
Reaction score
i'm not really familiar with any of this. the closest we get to physical at parra is group hugs

½

friend of stevie j
Reaction score
ok. i also saw a drunken wests tigers fan punch a police officer - but that's it

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
lol

see it doesnt hurt to tell the truth
Rnd 1 2004 I saw an eels fan willing to punch on with 15 Bulldogs supporters

Status
Not open for further replies.