Rumour Nu Brown

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He’s not required under any circumstances. We already copped 2 years of his mediocrity recently. Let’s hope it’s a rumour that stays a rumour.
So if Burton/Flanagan/Mahoney are injured/suspended... who plays in the halves or hooker?

Remember...

Wakeham, gone. ZDC, gone. BBO out for first few months. Topine might be able to cover 9 - but what about 6 and 7?

It really is not a bad signing if it does come to fruition. Also - name a person that stood out in that 2 year period of mediocrity? Judging a player from 2 of our shittest years in existence, with a forward pack that resembled a pack of marshmallows isn't exactly a fair assessment.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So if Burton/Flanagan/Mahoney are injured/suspended... who plays in the halves or hooker?

Remember...

Wakeham, gone. ZDC, gone. BBO out for first few months. Topine might be able to cover 9 - but what about 6 and 7?

It really is not a bad signing if it does come to fruition. Also - name a person that stood out in that 2 year period of mediocrity? Judging a player from 2 of our shittest years in existence, with a forward pack that resembled a pack of marshmallows isn't exactly a fair assessment.
I don't think it's such a bad signing in all honesty. Could become quite a handy little fella for us.

Btw. Did you see what Ronaldo said about Neville? Really out of line if you ask me!

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Remember...

Your point is well made that we’re currently a utility half/hooker short as we speak but surely we can do better than a rocks and diamonds journeyman like Brown who we’ve already had at the club a few years ago? I think even promoting another junior to the top 30 along with Brandon Clarke would be a better option. Rajab would be the obvious choice. I’ve heard good things about Joey O’Neil also.

Problem is we backed the wrong horse a couple of years ago by extending Wakeham and letting the dependable Jack Cogger go. He’ll serve the Panthers well as a back up 6/7/9 for the next couple of years.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Your point is well made that we’re currently a utility half/hooker short as we speak but surely we can do better than a rocks and diamonds journeyman like Brown who we’ve already had at the club a few years ago? I think even promoting another junior to the top 30 along with Brandon Clarke would be a better option. Rajab would be the obvious choice. I’ve heard good things about Joey O’Neil also.

Problem is we backed the wrong horse a couple of years ago by extending Wakeham and letting the dependable Jack Cogger go. He’ll serve the Panthers well as a back up 6/7/9 for the next couple of years.
Well said big V! Agree 100% there are options even Topine was mentioned and Morrin could be another though dummy half maybe neither are great at but their real Bulldogs young and keen.

We don't need this bloke back.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Remember...

Averillo goes into the halves, Topine into the centres and Kiraz to fullback

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

We can’t be blaming current management for previous managements’ mid-management (fuck me, what a sentence).

Cogger would have been a decent player to keep around to at least challenge for a position, agreed. But off my first point, he’s gone. This club is trying to plug gaps based on what is available to them now.

Morrin and Topine could cover 9, sure. And we may be able throw Clarke or Rajab a bone.
But having an experienced playmaker as an option would be considered favourable, especially considering Flanno and Burton wouldn’t have 150 games between them.

Further to this - and what I think is critical to any decent roster - you need players challenging for positions. Right now, who is Flanno fighting with for 7? A Nu Brown or a Reynolds keeps Flanno on his toes..and maybe from there, he can actually do something aside from defend well.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think the Nu Brown signing (if it happens) is more an insurance policy signing in case Mahoney gets injured and is out for any length of time (heaven forbid)

The only backup we have are young untried hookers with no NRL experience

At least Brown has NRL experience and Gus and CC must think he could capably plug a hole for us if needed

It's all about who is available and at what price to fill a certain role in our squad.

Brown is available and probably at a basement bargain price

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think the Nu Brown signing (if it happens) is more an insurance policy signing in case Mahoney gets injured and is out for any length of time (heaven forbid)

At least Brown has NRL experience and Gus and CC must think he could capably plug a hole for us if needed

It's all about who is available and at what price to fill a certain role in our squad.

brown was offered a contract by the tigers and he knocked it back, so he wouldnt be bargain basement price, mid range id suggest

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Agree, if Mahoney gets injured, he's the perfect backup.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
brown was offered a contract by the tigers and he knocked it back, so he wouldnt be bargain basement price, mid range id suggest
Kinda dog considering they gave him a career lifeline :grimacing:

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's what his manager would be saying. There would have been no offer from the tigers, just like there was no offer from any NRL club when he finished with the Dogs a few years back.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think it's such a bad signing in all honesty. Could become quite a handy little fella for us.

Btw. Did you see what Ronaldo said about Neville? Really out of line if you ask me!

Hahaha got me you bastard
Got me too. Only issue was I was lying in bed with my wife asleep next to me. Needless to say she was less then impressed to be woken by that. I am in the doghouse now. Thanks a lot

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Got me too. Only issue was I was lying in bed with my wife asleep next to me. Needless to say she was less then impressed to be woken by that. I am in the doghouse now. Thanks a lot
You should of said she made the moan :|